“Excellent”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went there with a little bit of trepidation after reading some not-so-good reviews. However, it seems the Head Chef has purchased the restaurant and according to the locals, has turned it around. We can only agree. The food was superb - we had the Lamb Shank (you won't find better) and as I am a vegetarian, the chef made me a special meal, which was one of the yummiest pasta meals I've ever had. Would highly recommend The Fireside Inn. Maybe a few more local wines on the menu, but still all-in-all a 10 out of 10.

1  Thank Katherine S
There are newer reviews for The Fireside Inn

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went to the fireside inn for my birthday and it was fantastic front of house were fabulous so friendly and professional the food was the best ive had thank you to the chef, my steak was perfect just the way i like it, the apprentice amazing piglet plate of deserts, front of house for making me feel so special. You all made my birthday more fabulous. Love this resturaunt .

1  Thank cazzlee1971
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Highly recommend The Fireside Inn. The service was friendly and professional made us feel special. The atmosphere was wonderfully cosy. And the food was absolutely delicious the best I have ever eaten out. I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

For decades The Fireside Inn has been the place to go for a special occasion dinner. We have been there many times for birthdays and anniversaries.
So a recent return visit for a special anniversary found a change of ownership but still the same high standard of French influenced menu. Apparently the chef stayed on through the change of ownership and hence no change to the very well crafted dishes.
On our table we had the Chateaubriand for 2, the salmon and the chicken breast. Two of our party wanted the lamb shanks but for some reason they were unavailable. The Chateaubriand, served with vegetables and a trio of sauce, was cooked perfectly and the meat was melt in the mouth tender. The salmon looked very good as did the chicken breast. We didn’t have entrees. Deserts were good with the standout on our table being the very good pannacotta.
Mains at around $35 are priced appropriately for the quality of the food. Deserts are around $14.
We didn’t view the wine list as, this being a special occasion, we had brought a couple of very good wines with us.
The only criticism was that the host/owner was dressed in a pair of jeans that had been through the washer quite a few times and a polo tee that was past its best. This was too casual even for a coffee shop, let alone one of the few good restaurants in Goulburn (the other wait staff were appropriately dressed). Service was good.
We would certainly return for the quality of the food but would be disappointed if on a return visit the very casual approach to dress still prevails.

2  Thank Roaming96
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful! So charming and so delicious. We had a great dining experience and found all staff very personable. Well done Fireside Inn, I hope to see you next year!

1  Thank Tylsy