“Lovely lunch location.”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently went to the Fireside Inn for lunch to celebrate my birthday. The lunch menu is terrific value for $24.95 for two courses, one can choose from an entrée and main, or main and dessert.

The whiting and chips were cooked to perfection, and the side salad interesting and finely julienned salad things, was lovely. The fish was juicy and delicious and absolutely fresh. The dessert was a lemon delicious pudding with ice cream and cream, and I have to say this was absolute perfection as well, in fact one of the nicest desserts that I have ever eaten, it was light, fluffy and 'melt in the mouth' with plenty of zesty lemon sauce.

I used to come to this restaurant in the past for all family occasions until Julian retired, and the restaurant changed hands, and then the food and atmosphere was not the same. However after this positive experience I will definitely be coming back regularly. I absolutely recommend going for lunch!

2  Thank BarbieLover

Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a wonderful dining experience!!!!! I couldn't rate this restaurant highly enough, meals were absolutely delicious and the service was brilliant. I will definately be back!!!!!! Good luck to the new owners you have made this one of the best places to eat in Goulburn.

2  Thank Maree M
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went there with a little bit of trepidation after reading some not-so-good reviews. However, it seems the Head Chef has purchased the restaurant and according to the locals, has turned it around. We can only agree. The food was superb - we had the Lamb Shank (you won't find better) and as I am a vegetarian, the chef made me a special meal, which was one of the yummiest pasta meals I've ever had. Would highly recommend The Fireside Inn. Maybe a few more local wines on the menu, but still all-in-all a 10 out of 10.

2  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went to the fireside inn for my birthday and it was fantastic front of house were fabulous so friendly and professional the food was the best ive had thank you to the chef, my steak was perfect just the way i like it, the apprentice amazing piglet plate of deserts, front of house for making me feel so special. You all made my birthday more fabulous. Love this resturaunt .

2  Thank cazzlee1971
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Highly recommend The Fireside Inn. The service was friendly and professional made us feel special. The atmosphere was wonderfully cosy. And the food was absolutely delicious the best I have ever eaten out. I can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank Jennie W