“Fabulous meal”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took my parents who were visiting from the central coast to dinner here. Everything was perfect. My mother is disabled and nothing was too much trouble. 3 courses each and every meal was absolutely delicious. Service was second to none. Will definitely be back!!

2  Thank Pjmdunn

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Today had the first of what I hope will be many meals at the Fireside Inn. Excellent food, interesting building near a beautiful park - the bustling world seemed far away. We were somewhat time pressured on this first occasion, but look forward to experiencing more leisurely meals in future. Service was quick, pleasant and efficient.Thank you!

2  Thank Fuzzyar
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We often travel to Sydney and back to Canberra in the one day and this restaurant is always top of the list for us. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is excellent. The entrees and mains are always cooked to perfection and sadly no room for dessert. The choice of local wines is a great as well - the owner well informed. Yep 10 out of ten. Love the winter because the open fire is another rplus when dining at this great restaurant. Will be back again! We found this wonderful restaurant by accident; need to tell the world you are there!

2  Thank Marilyn B
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently went to the Fireside Inn for lunch to celebrate my birthday. The lunch menu is terrific value for $24.95 for two courses, one can choose from an entrée and main, or main and dessert.

The whiting and chips were cooked to perfection, and the side salad interesting and finely julienned salad things, was lovely. The fish was juicy and delicious and absolutely fresh. The dessert was a lemon delicious pudding with ice cream and cream, and I have to say this was absolute perfection as well, in fact one of the nicest desserts that I have ever eaten, it was light, fluffy and 'melt in the mouth' with plenty of zesty lemon sauce.

I used to come to this restaurant in the past for all family occasions until Julian retired, and the restaurant changed hands, and then the food and atmosphere was not the same. However after this positive experience I will definitely be coming back regularly. I absolutely recommend going for lunch!

1  Thank BarbieLover
Reviewed 26 March 2014

What a wonderful dining experience!!!!! I couldn't rate this restaurant highly enough, meals were absolutely delicious and the service was brilliant. I will definately be back!!!!!! Good luck to the new owners you have made this one of the best places to eat in Goulburn.

1  Thank Maree M