Monte Pio Hotel and Conference Centre
Molly Morgan Motor Inn(East Maitland)
US$106
US$84
Quest Maitland(Maitland)
US$140
Old Maitland Inn(Rutherford)
US$110
US$103
The Windsor Castle Hotel(Maitland)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotwire.com
Pindari House(Lochinvar)
US$167
  • Pool
Megaboom City Hotel(Sydney)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$62
Agoda.com
All reviewsconverted conventgrand old ladynice furnitureordered room servicepublic areassunday nightbuffet breakfast was finequeen bedstayed for two nightsroom was spacioushunter valley wineriesan overnight staya lovely staytea coffee in the rooman upgradegatewayconcert
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed one night for a local wedding. Half of the hotel is renovated, half not we had a room in the half not renovated. Room was decent sized, with double and single bed. Main complaint was cleaning it was horrible. The toilet, may have been clean but was so old the seat itself was stained and scratched, the flush button was horrid! It had that much grime on it my finger stuck to it when I pressed to flush. It looked like it hadnt been cleaned in a very long time. Spider webs above the shower and in various locations around the room. Bed was as hard as a rock, which some people may like but not to my liking when pregnant! All in all I wouldnt stay there again and wouldnt recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated side, I didnt see those rooms but they must be better than what we had.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicole w
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Monte Pio is being renovated , so lovely linen, fluffy towels, good beds ,TV, tea,coffee facilities and the much appreciated lift looks brand new. Painting is yet to come.
Staff are very friendly, extremely helpful (hair dryer didn't work but someone came with brand new dryer in 2 mins, apologising for inconvenience, checked that new one worked before leaving) . wiFi free , wonderful.
Rates are very reasonable and there is a lovely lounge area to relax with friends.

Room Tip: Room overlooking rural scene was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights the hotel, it needs to be updated but more then that it needs to be cleaned, things were never wiped over in the bathroom & had a dripping tap, cracked tiles & curtains hanging off the rail.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We visited Maitland for a 60th Birthday Party in late July and needed overnight accommodation for a family of three as we were traveling from Sydney. The hotel room was comfortable enough, with a single bed for our nephew. It was a very cold night and we returned to our hotel room after midnight and it was disappointing to find that the air-conditioning was not working, Thankfully, we found there were extra blankets in the cupboard which kept us cosy. The shower pressure was awesome! We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we had to make a speedy getaway next morning. The hotel looks a little tired and could do with some TLC. Overall, it was acceptable at the price we paid.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the carpark and we did not find the room too noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wahini2012
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed at the Monte Pio a couple of weeks ago. I was a little hesitant after reading some of the reviews on here but decided it was cheap, I was on my own and I only needed somewhere to sleep. I was pleasantly surprised! I felt like royalty walking in to a castle. The place was beautiful. I had called ahead to say that I would be checking in late in the evening, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and it wasn't a problem if I arrived after close, they would send someone to assist. I arrived earlier than expected and was directed to my room. The room was nicer and better equipped than some of the more expensive places I've stayed at. I phoned through a room service order and it was delivered to my room within 15 minutes. Considering it was 7:30 on a Friday night and I ordered the steak, I was extremely surprised. The food was amazing, far better than any of the steak houses I've been to.
If I had to say anything slightly negative - being from the country, the traffic noise was noticeable, but quietened off after midnight. I highly recommend this place, great staff, awesome place!

• Stayed: April 2012