“Violent security staff”

The Windsor Castle Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Maitland
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When i stayed there I witnessed a man pushed out the door onto a concrete path by a security officer. The security officer then went and stood at a computer with one of the female bar staff and began online shopping while customers at the bar were waiting to be served.

• Stayed: April 2014
10  Thank JenniSmyrhe

Reviewed 27 November 2013

A lot of club accommodation is very mediocre . This was not the case with "the castle".
The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. Enough hanging space in the cupboards , toiletries and good TV reception topped it all off.

The only downside was the corridors echoed a lot of noise ( being concrete) so early departures woke me up due largely to talking as they left. Beds were extraordinarily hard also……too hard for my liking.

A breakfast service in the main bar area is offered but I didn't try. The bar staff that checked me in were really helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank marbelemclaben
Reviewed 27 October 2013

hello everyone il try not to make this to long
im a chef been working in hospitality for years on end now pubs clubs concerts degos weddings fine dining you name it ive been in management and worked along side some of the toughest chefs ive come to know i know how hard at times it is to be perfect every time

BUT!

i came here for dinner with my family one night 6 of us as a walk in (i dont ever ever ever go out for dinner but my parents talked very very high of this place) so i went, im from the country and will always love my country food over fine dining its in my nature,

so we arrived to somewhat of a busy kitchin getting bussier by the minute, we got our orders dad gave them in we all got massive meals, like huge ! i got if i can remember correctly a chefs special that had i think a 400 gram steak with scallops garlic cream prawns and rissoti, i love seafood and meat,

dad came back telling me it will be a 30 minute wait ... FROM THERE I KNEW IT WAS GOOD NEWS! not ten minutes not 3 hours, if a steak that is well done and weighs 400 grams comes to you in ten minutes its not cooked!!! and if it takes 3 hours then well .. haha.

anyway i knew it would be half an hour to cook so we got our entrees of just a cheesy garlic bread YUM! by the way got our drinks and as a family our mains all arrived at once!!! and hot !! theres nothing better then that getting all your meals at once as a table of friends family or as a couple is perfect and it took 30 minutes like we were told.

OUR MEALS WERE AMAZING I COULDNT BELIEVE IT! MY STEAK WAS GOD DELICIOUS TO THE POINT OF DID GOD COOK THIS!? the scallops perfect sauce perfect prawns big and yum all our meals perfect PERFECT PERFECT! ive never left an establishment so happy and full in my life i will be back THAN YOU for a perfect night

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paterson18
Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Came for dinner, had a schnitzel at $26. Husband had similar. To pay $52 for a couple of schnitzels is ludicrous!
When the meals arrived, they were generously sized, but still just standard in quality.
I wouldn't return, simply due to poor value for money. I would spend $52 elsewhere and probably enjoy it more - given that we were just seated in a huge bistro dining room, lacking in atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Justinethegodess
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed here for one night. On arrival to check in (despite the place being quite busy at around 6 pm) the male bar staff responsible even took us to show how to find our room (it was easy layout but this was a nice friendly touch) and how to enter after hours. The room was clean and linen white. Payment is upfront , understandably as the hotel doesn't reopen reception til noon. There was no phone in our room, which could prove an inconvenience especially after hours.
The bistro had a a lot of variety in its menu and reasonable prices. What we ate was great as looked the other meals we saw being taken to other tables

Room Tip: No lift and about 20 stairs to 1st floor. If lots of luggage or low mobility check for a ground flo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have stayed here on 2 occasions in the past 12 months, for work. 4 nights in July and 1 night this February. Both stays have been quite pleasant.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and quiet. The first time my room overlooked the road and the only disturbance was the garbage truck doing it rounds.
This last time my room was near the carpark, and there was no noise at all.
Dinner in the Bistro is good. It can get fairly busy (especially on Thursday night - Trivia night), but all meal have been of good quality and well presented.
Overall I would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Yes the lines, especially on the weekend are long, but that is probably because they accept shop-a-dockets any night of the week which is an amazing deal especially on weekends. Once the meal was ordered the food came out fast and was tasty, on this evening though they did stuff up our order a little, sweet chili sauce on our garlic bread we sent back but by the time we got this entree our mains had arrived and we didnt really feel like it so was a waste really, also i ordered steak and chips only, but they brought out steak and vegetables, when they brought it back out correctly they brought the docket to show us what had been ordered..... however since the lady taking the orders got it wrong all it did was confirm to me she didn't listen properly.... probably stressed from the lines. I always enjoy this hotel despite a couple of slip up on orders in the past.... in the future I will be asking for a receipt to check the order taken myself before leaving the ordering desk.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maitland
Quest Maitland
#1 of 2 in East Maitland
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
Molly Morgan Motor Inn
#2 of 2 in East Maitland

Been to The Windsor Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!