“Ok for one night.”

Comfort Resort Echuca Moama
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Moama
“Ok for one night.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Comfort Resort Echuca Moama over the Easter holidays. I must say that it is not yet a "resort" and could not recommend the property yet for people travelling with toddlers. Our family room had no bolt on the door, it looked like it had been removed. This meant we had to work hard to keep our two year old in the room as he could open the door and run out into the car park. Our room was very dated with cracks in the walls and flys in the room. The bathrooms are also in need of some love as the tap for the shower kept falling off and is out dated. On a positive note the employees were very nice and helpful and the small animals for the children to look at we're great. If it had been warmer the pools looked well maintained and we would have used them. I wish this family all the best with renovating the motel and hope that one day it matches the pictures on the website.

Room Tip: The owners have only had the property since October 2013 and said they are renovating. It might be w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kylie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great staff great stay every year agroup of us go away either on the harley or in the car this was by far the most biker friendly rita and alan and all the staff were so friendly and helpful with local info on the clubs and things to do. Nothing was to much trouble! They were so customer focused such a nice change. The attention to detail Scott puts in to the property is amazing. We stayed in a spa room the water was hot and bed comfortable and the room so clean. This would be a great location for families or friends who like to travel together or meet up. We will be back. They go out of thier way even having animals for the kids over easter lovely relaxing spot.

• Stayed April 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the comfort Inn Echuca Moama for 2 nights last week & found the hosts Rita & Alan to be a delightful couple who couldn't do enough to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The meals in the restaurant were excellent & the whole resort was great value for money. Imagine my horror as on the day of check-out I dropped my gold ornament from my chain down the bathroom sink !!! Scott was there within minutes & managed to pull apart the s bend & to my delight, extract my gold ornament. Well done Scott, you really made my day. Such a small thing, yet you were marvellous in assisting me. Thanks Rita, Alan & Scott for such a memorable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeanne H
Swan Hill, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have been staying here regularly for 6 years and it is the only place I will stay in the area. Great service, good food, good company, clean rooms and within walking distance of many restaurants and hotels. I recommend this facility highly.

Room Tip: Get the bush view room, great access to facilities and very tranquill.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We just had a one night stay for a business trip and would so recommend this place that we are coming back next month for a holiday!

Spacious room. Clean and well appointed.

Breakfast - great value, well presented, good quality.

When we come back we will have more opportunity to explore the walks available in the grounds as well as some of the other amenities.

Great welcoming staff.

All together an enjoyable nights stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were very pleasantly surprised by the property, where the rooms are set back off the road in a quiet, peaceful setting, just what we needed. Beautiful rotunda and pool setting. Reception staff were cheerful and helpful. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and appeared clean on arrival. However we were a little disappointed when we discovered that the wine glasses in the room were clearly not clean, and although not usually someone to complain we couldn't bring ourselves to drink from them, and returned them to reception. Although they didn't hesitate to swap them for clean glasses, they did imply that they were just watermarked - I beg to differ.
Also when we returned to the room after room service had cleaned, even my hubby commented on the state of the bed. The bed linen had been pulled up loosely, and the sheet was untucked and hanging on the floor. None of the glasses had been cleaned or replaced with fresh ones.
We were disappointed to be told that the spa was not working, but the pool more than made up for it.
The buffet breakfast was nice, but being a coffee snob, I had to pay extra for an espresso coffee. As I only have coffee and toast, I enquired if they had a continental breakfast rate but was told that I must pay full buffet price, so in effect I paid $18 for coffee and a slice of toast. Most places are more than happy to offer a cheaper rate for those of us who don't require a full spread for breakfast. Also they were advertising 10% off restaurant meals, plus we noticed in the folder in the room that they were offering a free glass of wine for each diner, so we booked dinner in the restaurant. However upon querying the bill at check out we were told that we had been given the 10% off, and the free wine did not apply. I think for the sake of customer relations a free glass of wine would not have hurt, and unfortunately we left the property on a sour note.
The owners have indicated that they are open to comments, so I hope this helps them to see things from the customer's prospective, as this could be a lovely property with a few improvements.

Room Tip: Rooms down the back are peaceful, no traffic noise at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I spent a very peaceful night at this motel and found the room to be spacious and well appointed, even though a little dated. Having back problems, I was also impressed by the firm state of the mattress. The proprietors and staff were at all times friendly and keen to offer any assistance. The motel is well laid out and incorporates a grassed courtyard area which enhances one's perception of spaciousness. The tariff was more than reasonable. In general,a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo