“Good place to stay but ...”
Review of Madison Spa Resort

Madison Spa Resort
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Moama
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for queens bday long weekend. Clean and comfortable rooms.
Only thing was that there was no showers and toilets available near the spa bath. People were entering the spa after sauna which I don't think is very hygienic.
Also the rooms are a bit noisy. If someone walks upstairs you can here them load and clear. But overlay a good experience. Very friendly staff.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Our Roman Bath House does have showers in the change rooms. All guest leaving the Sauna are expected to shower before entering the Hydro Therapy Pool and Roman Bath. Signage to that effect has been put up to advise guests. While some noise is unavoidable we minimise this as much as we can.

There are newer reviews for Madison Spa Resort

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Spent 2 nights here celebrating 45th wedding anniversary. Very comfortable ground floor room overlooking lovely bush setting. Nicely appointed room with spa.
Dined in Dining Room one night and meal was in keeping with the occasion - fantastic !

Room Tip: Bathbomb ( extra cost ) was completely useless as it did nothing and upon checkout, staff were not i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your 45th Wedding Anniversary We trust that your stay with us was a memorable one. Our staff here were happy to be of service. Not sure why your Bath Bomb didn't work as they always fizz when added to the spa and are a big hit with our guests.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a two night stay and were quite surprised to get an upgrade to the upstairs room with a spa looking out over the bush and a log fired heater, this was thanks to Deb who rang us earlier in the day to check on our booking, after a bit of confusion Deb rang back with the offer of an upgrade and when we arrived we found all the Reception staff to be very helpful and courteous. We have stayed here a few times now and really like the size of the rooms compared to a lot of smaller units around. We are able to walk into Echuca and around the Murray River and appreciate the peaceful relaxed atmosphere of the country. The Resort has a wonderful pool area and spa setup although in May it is a bit cool to swim in the outdoor pool. We will be back again.

Room Tip: If you can afford a little more then go for the first floor rooms with a larger spa, log fire heater...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We are pleased that you were able to fully unwind and relax. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at around 5pm on my own for a relaxing evening. When I arrived at reception some other people were being checked in, I was ignored but I thought that was reasonable as the middle aged male reception was busy and he'd get to me in a moment. As the others were leaving and I approached the reception desk, I was ignored and then the receptionist started yelling to the other guests to come back. When they had finally finished checking in, I expected that the receptionist would turn his attention to me. Nope.. some paper shuffling, still completely ignoring me and then the most appalling greeting I have EVER received in any hotel ANYWHERE in the world 'Yes?'.

The room was a disappointment, the place is dated, tired, probably 90s decor (if not 80s.. Not sure? Mustard coloured tiles, maroon laminate bench top?). It was super clean but the bed felt old. No Foxtel. Can't see the TV from the Spa. Water noises all night, footsteps from upstairs very loud, road noise (I imagined a secluded spa resort - no think side of the highway), cars coming and going outside the door, no balcony, no robes in the room. The spa bath was definitely the best bit and was very clean.

I had organised later check out and had asked the male receptionist what time and he'd said, when I have my spa treatment at 1:10pm. I called reception at around 12:20pm to see if I could check out, go into the plunge pool and make sure there was showers in the pool area. I was greeted by 'Deb' who advised me 'yeah you need to get out of that room we have people coming and we need the cleaners in there now' I indicated that the male receptionist had said I could stay until my treatment, she muttered something about 'free late check out' which appeared to indicate I was being ungrateful and should have mind read that they wanted me out. Deb is an OBNOXIOUS woman. Unbelievably rude.. Maybe she trained the male receptionist because whilst he was rude... Deb was on another level. Had my spa treatment not been a gift voucher I would have told her to shove it on the spot.

The plunge pool area is mouldy, the windows are filthy, there is stuff floating around in the plunge pools. The sauna instructions are tacked in the sauna, the buttons aren't clear so I gave up on that.

Now.. Here's the good bit... The aroma-ritual treatment which included a 30 minute massage and a facial. The beauty therapist Gemma was an absolute delight. She was professional, friendly and clearly knew her stuff. She was fantastic and treatment was absolutely lovely. I couldn't give enough praise to the staff in the spa who were professional, courteous and well presented. They were the only redeeming feature of this glorified 80s motor inn.

If you want to stay, stay upstairs, attempt to avoid reception staff as much as possible, bring ear plugs and make sure you have a massage! Alternatively - stay else where and book into the spa for treatments only.

A mostly disappointing experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank melbournegetawaygirl

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay and that we didn't meet your expectations. We are a always improving our systems and the way staff handle situations as they arise. Our facilities are maintained at the highest level and if you had an issue at the time of your stay by letting one of our team know we could have resolved any issues you had at that time. The Roman Bath House is a heated area and as such does cause condensation on the glass. This gets more noticeable if the weather outside is also cooler. This area is cleaned and maintained daily. Late checkouts are accommodated where possible but you also have to be aware that sometimes arriving guests also require the rooms to be made up on time before they arrive. Our reception staff always process arrivals and checkouts very promptly and I am sure that due to a busy period your wait was unavoidable. We are glad that you enjoyed our Day Spa and treatments. Our rooms are insulated to keep noise to a minimum but some noise is unavoidable. Robes are available from reception and all you have to do is ask our reception team to get them for you. We are always improving our services and Foxtel isn't a service that we currently offer but may do in the future. Our TV's are placed for optimal viewing on the couch or in bed which is where most of our guests like to watch TV.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is the cleanest hotel I have been too! Rooms were ok sized with double bed and 2 person spa: - what more do you need.

Did not leave the resort the whole time we we're hear as the food and service were exceptional.

Happy hour at 330 for $10 cocktails by the pool (too cold to go in) but relaxing in the sun with a Long Island was nice.

Restaurant staff were amazing and with great food selection.

Had 2 massages and a facial at the spa and the staff were also amazing!

A big shout out is to the housekeeping team who keep this hotel so clean! I have worked and stayed in many hotels and this is the cleanest I hae ever seen.

Only suggestion I have, would be to remove the car park from in front of the hotel rooms and plant a garden! This will change the motel look.

Coming back!

• Stayed: May 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments and we have passed them on to our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I had wanted to stay at Madison spa for years, but it was always far to expensive.
I visit Echuca regularly since my parents retired up there. So it was a lovely Birthday present to get a complete indulgence weekend from my husband.

I agree that the rooms need updating but they are still comfortable. As a package we got vouchers for deals on meals and the day spa and I could not fault the staff and service at the day spa.

The food in the restaurant was excellent as was the waiter.

All in all it was a great weekend away, I felt spoilt, pampered and very relaxed.

Room Tip: Use the day spa it is excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We are so pleased that you finally got to come and stay with us and left our resort feeling relaxed and pampered. All of the Staff are thrilled to receive your compliments as this is what we love doing, making customers and our Guests happy.
In regards to the rooms, we are slowing refurbishing, and look forward to your return to enjoy them.

Kind regards

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel as part of a travel deal. The staff were friendly and welcoming.
The room was large and comfortable but in need of an update in terms of decor. We ordered room service dinner and one of the meals was not cooked enough - rack of lamb very red on the inside and the other meal did not arrive with the first. However it did come quickly after we phoned. Breakfast was included but I was a bit disappointed when I had to pay for the double shot lattes we ordered just because we did not want instant coffee. I think it was because it was a double shot not really sure. For the price even at travel deal prices I expected better.
We did not use any of the spa facilities so I cannot comment on those.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AM_Madison, Manager at Madison Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feed-back, we do apologise that your meals came separately, this does sound unusual if they were ordered together? I have addressed the restaurant regarding this. Our chef prefers to prepare the lamb medium-rare as this is when it is most tender to enjoy, however I understand we all have different tastes.
In regards to the lattes, all guests are expected to pay for freshly brewed coffee from the espresso machine however the tea and coffee station (percolated) is included in the buffet price. Our apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Moama
Bridges on Meninya
#1 of 11 in Moama
Rich River Golf Club Resort
Comfort Resort Echuca Moama
Moama on Murray Resort

Been to Madison Spa Resort? Share your experiences!