“Perfect dining experience”

Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Australian, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relax and enjoy our magnificent ocean views... Jonah's On the Beach offers a food and beverage service of the highest calibre. We will cater to your needs to the level you require from a romantic dinner for two to parties, weddings and corporate functions. Open 7 Days for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. Full Buffet Breakfast - $28.00 Per Person
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I went for dinner with friends and we had a great time.
Service, scenery and atmosphere made our night. Menu had a good mix of options & wine list is expansive.
Our meals came out promptly without fuss and were of great restaurant standard. Probably the best dining experience in Newcastle for us thus far.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Beautiful location and beautiful food. Service is faultless and nothing is too much trouble. The staff are attentive without being overbearing and I can't wait to go back

1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm a local Novocastrian and visit Johah's On The Beach several times a year for special occasions. There is not one bad thing I can say. It's simply fabulous. From the ambience of the restaurant overlooking beautiful Newcastle Beach to the amazing food and the fabulous staff. We've been going there for many, many years for both lunch and dinner. There has never been a time when we've been unhappy. It's a special place for my husband and I. We just love everything about it.

1  Thank Dinnylea
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I were walk-ins for breakfast on Mother's Day. We were delighted to be able to seated at a window table. The view from this restaurant is amazing looking over Newcastle Beach. Staff were professional and friendly. Each mother was presented on the table with a small orchid and chocolates - a nice touch.

Breakfast was buffet style, which was fine. The restaurant was very busy with large family groups. The area in front of the buffet to serve cereals, toast, coffee etc was very crowded against the nearby tables.

The area serving the hot food was better set up. The food was the usual array of sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns etc and was tasty.

Our problems were two. Firstly it was the strongly brewed coffee. We were looking forward to a nice mid-morning cuppa and this was just strong and bitter. The price. At $40 per head it wasn't anything like value for money. We felt like the meal was worth about $15 and we paid the rest for the view.

We have had breakfast at Jonah's before when staying at the hotel and are sure we didn't pay this much. So we felt like we were paying just for the event of Mother's Day.

2  Thank Extratraveltocome
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a lovely lunch here with a friend. The position of the restaurant overlooking Newcastle Beach, is superb. The food was tasty, well prepared and presented beautifully. The service was friendly and helpful.

One little gripe that I have had recently with many restaurants is the use of placemats rather than tablecloths. I do understand the cost factor but a white linen tablecloth is classy!

2  Thank Leisureloverretired