“"Disapointing"”

Ranked #12 of 29 Newcastle B&B and Inns
Sydney
“"Disapointing"”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My family and I stayed at this B&B over the Easter weekend. It looked really good online and the reviews sounded good. Our experience has been very disappointing and we were not happy with our stay. Beware the slip hazard at the entrance to the bathroom I slipped and twisted my knee. There is no signage and we were not provided information about this from the owners about this so please take care. We have been terribly insulted by both Christine and Bob who made untrue allegations against our family. Only people who have a true desire to make an effort to accept people and their differences should allow others to sleep in their homes. B&B owners should not operate Bed and Breakfasts from their homes if they don't want people to use their bathrooms or sleep in their beds. They were happy to accept our money but unfortunately not us. For us not a Bella stay but a total disapointment and distressing time for us. We can definately not recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Julzos P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stumbled across Brezza Bella B&B accidentally as there had been an accommodation mix-up at the Sebel in Newcastle CBD - what a find!

Christine and Bob are extremely friendly and professional, the rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated; wood panel flooring, air-conditioning, bath robes, very modern bathroom facilities and a plasma TV with Bose Surround Sound for those who feel the need.

I stayed in the Oriental Room for two nights and slept very deeply in the ultra comfy king-size bed.

This place is only a short drive (great drive along the beach front) from town so you're by no means out of the way, but at extremely competitive prices considering a continental breakfast of fresh fruit, yoghurt, coffee, cereals and croissants awaits you in the morning along with a fresh breeze and some gentle music.

I was in Newcastle for work and was almost convinced I was on holiday!

Summary: An affordable B&B 10 minutes from town run by extremely friendly and professional owners, modern facilities, comfy bed, and delicious continental breakfast. How can you beat that?

Room Tip: I stayed in the Oriental Room, but the Tuscan Room is right next door and I'm sure it is just as...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brandon S
Victoria
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Had a sisters week-end away and chose Brezza Bella B&B as it looked quite quaint and private. We were greeted by the lovely hostess Christine and CC (the dog). The rooms were beautifully furnished , with quality fittings and assessories with plenty of room for all four of us to congregate in one room if need be, but we took out both rooms. The continental breakfast was was scruptuous that we had to walk it off every morning. I would recommend this B&B for all how need a bit of R&R and getting away from the big smoke. Well done Christine & Rob

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank sira2
London
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My partner and I stayed at Brezza Bella on a Friday night as we had a wedding in Newcastle that weekend. We were greeted by the very friendly owners and their lovely dog. The house has been furnished to perfection. We had the upstairs room and it is lovely, with floorboards, amazing shower, air cond, plasma TV, complimentary mini-bar.

The breakfast was outstanding. I can still picture us eating on the lovely patio with all the choice we could want from a B&B. Lovely fresh pastries, fresh fruit, museli and condiments. It was the first time my British girlfriend got to try Vegemite!

I have no hesitation in recommening this to anyone. Its a little gem and I wouldn't stay in a hotel in Newcastle ever again. You need to get there of course!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple