“I can't wait for the weekend specials!”

General Washington Hotel
Ranked #96 of 568 Restaurants in Newcastle
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“I can't wait for the weekend specials!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had the slow cooked pork belly! Wow! I am a regular to this restaurant and I am never disappointed! The menu is fantastic and the weekend specials are always different and delicous. Top ten all round and Wayne and mel are always great hosts!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Uncleroy1969

Port Macquarie, New South Wales, Australia
“Great food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I dined at General Washington Hotel tonight for the first time!
The restaurant was very busy..... Easter Weekend!!
From the moment I lined up at the bistro order station I was impressed.
I lady taking the orders was impressive under a lot of pleasure, very good at her job.
Presentation of the meal was first class!
I chose the Barramundi served with a risotto.
The Barra was perfection, the risotto was awesome, to say the least.
You guessed it, I came away impressed!
For what it's worth, that place has my recommendation.
Robert Hancock
Port Macquarie 24444

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Robert H
Belmont, Australia
“Best Venue-Best Meals-Best Service”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I recently organised a Family Reunion and picked Stockton as the place to locate the group due to its close proximity to Williamtown Airport and the accessibility to Newcastle CBD.
I chose The General Washington for our Dinner Venue on Saturday Night, based on recommendations from family members and the reviews on this site.
We had a group of 30 people, ranging from toddlers to people in their 80s. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal, (great variety to choose from), the service was superb and the view spectacular.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Michael S
Sydney, Australia
“$10 Pub Food with a Harbour View”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

When in Newcastle, it is worth catching the Stockton Ferry to Stockton and walking to the General Washington for a meal. We had the $10 special (Salt and Pepper Squid and Salad) with a table that looks across the park to the Harbour and Newcastle Skyline. Stockton has the best view of the Cathedral at night. The pub has been refurbish and the style is modern. The cafe/restaurant is sectioned off from the pub/bar. It has a glass walled play room for families with young children.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank PPSYD
newcastle
“Delicious lunch”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Went with group of 6 ladies on Saturday lunch. All had something different and all enjoyed their meals. Good variety. Prices good. Staff friendly. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited September 2013