“Used to be great, now just poor”
Review of Cibo Tapas Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I hadn't been here for about 6 months. My previous experience was great, and so I suggested it to family for a spontaneous friday night dinner.
The waiter was pleasant and friendly, but a bit in your face. I started to wonder if he was ever going to leave us to look over the menu, because he talked a great deal about the 'tapas' experience. This was after he asked if we'd been before - to which we answered 'yes'!
We were informed that there were no specials that evening, and so we ordered from the tapas menu. After we'd ordered, the waiter returned 15 mins later to inform us that 2 of the dishes we'd ordered were no longer available and to choose something else! (one of the orders was for arancini balls - a tapas staple, I would have thought. To be out of them by 6pm on friday night was crazy).
We were eventually served our dishes, but sporadically, and in fact received the steamed vegetables side dish after all other food had been consumed! Sigh.
The waiter wasn't exactly keen to return to us after we'd ordered,and we had to flag him down to order another drink. Disappointing.
I won't be going back.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Avoid like the plague. We just left, My wife asked for a simple salad (not on the menu) as she wanted something lite, we were stung $17.00 it was horrendous! My short black sat on the counter for 10 minutes before delivery. It was cold and disgusting. I paid and left as quickly as possible. Not sure how they stay in business really!

1  Thank John F
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We were there for dinner one a Sunday night and had booked so they were aware we had around 12 people the waitress was so rude that when we asked if half could do the $45 tapas she actually rolled her eyes at us. The food took well over 2 hrs, we ordered cocktails and they took over 30 mins to come out. One of our party ordered a come and they forgot it twice. We ordered more drinks and they too were another 45 mins we even saw them poured and then placed on the counter for over 10 mins.they then mixed up our bill and were just so rude about everything. I left a very polite feedback card with an email for a response if they wanted to but after 3 weeks I am assuming I won't be getting one. The food however was very nice, I have always loved the mushrooms with feta and they were great. More staff one and better quality service would have made a huge difference.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Waste of money & time they need to learn about authentic Spanish recipes !!! Very oily paella without a scap of seafood in it! Never in my life have I eaten paella with no prawns squid mussels or clams in the meal!!! Too greasy and rice was heavy ( not fluffy like it should be) wil not be going back, will stick to boccados king st Newcastle it's authentic n delicious

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We attended Cibo on a Sunday night of a long weekend.
The waitress was uninterested and took over half an hour to take our drink order. After receiving drinks and finally ordering tapas, she returned half an hour later saying they had run out of paella. We chose another dish of chicken and cous cous. When this dish arrived it was missing cous cous.
The dishes came out in dribs and drabs and at one point we waited approx 1 hour between dishes.
The food was mediocre and the service worse.
After returning to Cibo after approx 1 year I will not be giving it another go.