“Nice Apartments with all the basics”

Honeysuckle Executive Apartments
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed one night stay in this apartment. It was nice enough will all the basic amenities of a hotel without the price.

The room was clean and fresh and in excellent condition. Has a small kitchen with all the basics.

The hotel had a breakfast option but did not use. Though had a proper coffee bar at reception to get a morning coffee which is always important.

The have onsite parking but be careful as they charge ($20 a night) for it but don't clearly mention this.

There are plenty of restaurent nearby including James Squire and Honeysuckle Hotel. There is also a stack of other restaurants within a stones throw.

Nice enough place for a weekend away or something different from you standard hotel.

The only downside would be trying to find it!!! It actually has the name Chifley Apartments on the building which is confusing. Would of been nice to be told this.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kelvo1
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Honeysuckle Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. Just to clarify, secure parking is $18 per night and this is stated clearly on the email confirmation that is sent to our guests upon making their booking. There is street parking available if you choose not to pay for this service. We also send out a map when a booking is made if we have an email address and we call all our guests on the day of arrival to make sure they know where they are going and sms driving instructions if required. I'm assuming we were unable to get you on the phone on your arrival day, so I'm sorry you had difficulties.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Honeysuckle Executive Apartments

Reviewed 29 October 2013

In June 2013 we booked 10 rooms for the weekend (2 nights) of our wedding 26th October. About one month before our wedding things started to go wrong with the bookings:
People who booked in under the wedding party - were not put in the rooms already booked under our name. I was accused of having rooms booked with nobody in them. Even though everyone was booked in.
The groomsman was phoned and asked for his credit card to secure all the rooms - even though I had given my credit card details and then his email address was put on to every other booking simply because he had the same surname. Nobody in the reservations office had a clue.

The grooms sister-in-law phoned to book a two bedroom apartment for their family and somebody said they would be called back. Nobody ever called her back. She booked with another company instead.
All the rates were wrong for all the rooms. We even though we drove to the office in Jesmond to meet with Tony the week before the wedding to make sure everyone was being charged correctly. We thought this was all finally sorted but of course, upon checkout we discovered that many rooms were over charged.

The morning of my wedding while I was getting my makeup done I was getting phone calls and text messages from Honeysuckle Executive Apartments for other peoples credit card numbers. Now I don't go around with other peoples credit cards. I am sure not many people do!

My husband still when to extraordinary lengths the week before the wedding to get email confirmation of rates, names and room confirmation.

I spoke with Tony two days after the wedding when we all checked out and I can honestly say I never spoke to anybody so ignorant. He still has not apologised for any of the stress that he caused. Our wedding was amazing and this was the only thing that upset the weekend. It really upset and stressed out my husband, parents and guests as were all in the lobby checking out of the apartments together.

Where has basic customer service gone? Absolutely appalling. I want everyone to know the stress that his caused us and an apology would have been all I wanted. Blaming the girls in the Chifley or not having the same computer system as the Chifley is not acceptable and still nobody has received receipt of payment.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Laura M
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Honeysuckle Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

We understand that organising a wedding can be a very stressful experience. We find it is especially difficult when a group of rooms are held under a single name. Guests call through and don’t advise they are with your group and we are left holding rooms under your name, unsure whether they are required. This is exactly what happened on this occasion.
The weekend before I was ringing each of our guests and reconfirming their bedding details and sending out location information. I spoke to your brother in law, who was asked for his credit card details for his room and then I advised we had 3 additional rooms where no guests had booked. He was lovely and said he would find out whether they were needed. I then received a very rude email accusing me of being rude simply for trying to clarify a situation. Very concerned, I immediately replied, apologising for the misunderstanding and explaining the situation. Again I received a very rude email asking to meet with the manager, which we were happy to do, but which was unnecessary.
Two of the rooms were mistakenly overcharged for which we profusely apologised and refunded the guests immediately, however as I mentioned, people don’t always tell us they are part of a group when they make the booking.
As requested, receipts were issued to you via email immediately upon your request. If you have not received these for some reason, please contact accounts@jev.com.au and our accounts department will happily reissue these.
We did call you on your wedding day as your credit card declined and we needed to receive payment for the room.
We are genuinely sorry for the stress caused, however as you did ask us for monetary compensation or threaten to write this review, an apology was clearly not all you required.
We think that giving us a 1 on trip adviser is unfair, especially as you seem to have no complaints about the accommodation itself.
We are happy to let our future customers judge our customer service for themselves.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom on first floor apartment large great outdoor area with table and chairs for alfresco eating weather permitting.
Large screen tv in living area and bedroom work desk area and internal laundry a must for me when traveling so much.
Pool area just in view I did not get the chance to lay around but next time I hope to have the opportunity to do so it looked inviting.
Great location walk to restaurants and cafes only thing is that there is not a supermarket close by civic train station short walk but problem handling luggage with the stairs.

Room Tip: Request apartment not facing train track if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Joanne1031Sydney
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Honeysuckle Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Honeysuckle Apartments.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

On arrival we were in a great mood good looking hotel great location friendly reception nice room big tv's and a king bed which we made sure we booked then it all went downhill once my gf had a shower and the shower head was broken I tried to fix it but it was well and truly broken after ringing reception we were moved down the hall to a smaller room double bed and a small very old tv but we bit our tongue as we were told the manger would call us the next day which never happened I called them the next day to a very rude man which basically said bad luck if they had just called and apologise in that 48 hours I would not have even put this on here but there rudeness and lack of care really pissed me off

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Batmanreviews
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Honeysuckle Executive Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

We are very sorry that you had such a negative experience. Unfortunately things do break and we cannot always get them fixed immediately. We would have moved you to the best room available on the night to ensure you had a workable shower until it could be fixed the following day.
We are sorry that management did not call however this message was not passed on.
We do apologise for this experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We booked and paid for the Honeysuckle Executive Apartments but were told on arrival that we would be staying in The Chifley. The experience was a disaster from the moment we arrived. There were not enough beds for the 3 single women in our group - despite having confirmed this on the phone with Honeysuckle and on arrival at The Chifley and the staff didn't really seem to care. Each party blamed the other and seemed to be angry at us for asking for enough beds. Eventually one of us had to convince an acquaintance in another room to be moved to a room with a sofa so that one of us actually had a bed - this seemed to be a huge ordeal. Despite asking several times for blankets for the pullout sofas we had as beds we were told the hotel did not have any blankets. Eventually a staff member found me 3 'matress protectors' to use as a blanket and my friend slept under towels to keep warm. I totally accept that mistakes happen with bookings but the way we were made to feel it was somehow our fault left us having quite a miserable experience. The rooms themselves were nice and the beds comfy (even the sofas) but really I wouldn't recommend booking with either company if you have the choice. Really had to laugh when they charged us for the phonecalls to reception which were made trying to get ourselves a bed to sleep on.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmandaG677
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed at the Honeysuckle Apartments just a 5 minute walk to from Civic Station
These apartments at just behind the Honeysuckle & Lee Wharf.We had 3 apartments for 6 of us they were able to make the king beds into 2 singles, the most comfortable beds I have slept in for a long time.
Apartments had everything we wanted kitchen,laundry bathroom separate bedroom & a small balcony, modern but a little plain & business like all grey & black could have used a little colour.
Good pool & gym reasonably priced, by comparison to Sydney prices staff were obliging & friendly would recommend & will stay again. 2 minute walk to lots of eating places that were right on the waterfront

Room Tip: ask for room 5th floor with view to water
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to right such a positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Honeysuckle apartments.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Spent 30 mins looking for these apartments. No one mentioned they are in the Chifley Building. No mention of B7 Executive Apartments anywhere. View was railway track and carpark, also disappointing, complained and was moved to a better view. No Wi-Fi as advertised.
Apartment itself was well appointed and close to foreshore, restaurants, Darby St etc.
Undercover parking $18 a day extra.
Felt sorry for reception staff they work for Chifley not B7 Executive but cop the brunt of complaints.
Would stay there again now we know the finer details and know which room to book.

Room Tip: Level 5 ad closer to Honeysuckle Drive away from Railway track. Trains run day and night. Rooms are...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

We are sorry you had such a negative experience. We always call our guests on the day of arrival, provided we have their mobile contact details, and sms directions if people are unsure about where they are going. The Chifley staff work with us to check our guests into our apartments. The process works very well for our guests and we rarely experience problems. We are sorry that you did on this occasion.