“A little improved ”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I hadn’t been game to return here after a truly awful experience a couple of years ago where my meal was cold and uncooked, and took 30 minutes to be replaced, by which time everyone else was finished. No refund offered.
This time a bit better, still an odd combination of flavours and too expensive for what you get, but at least a wide range of choice and reasonable kids menu. Service has improved, was previously as poor as I’ve ever experienced, now reasonable. Keep improving and I might try again in another year. To be honest, there is a lot better in the area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My Partner and I booked a table for us and another couple we arrived service, wine , and atmosphere was good , my Partner ordered Dew fish & my brother in law had the pork belly all was good . My sister in law ordered Lamb rump it was rather fatty and the fat wasn’t seared. I ordered the veal and it was really over cooked. We eat out a lot so it was disappointing .We did mention this to the waiter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of having dinner here last night. The food was amazing! we had been told by friends how good it was so decided to come check it out. We were not disappointed.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

While in Newcastle visiting with family and friends, 4 of us had dinner at Sprout's. Excellent choice. Service was friendly and prompt. Food choices were varied and enjoyed by all. Good selection of Australian wines. Relatively inexpensive. Located on 2nd floor. Very busy and clearly appreciated by the large cohort of locals.

1  Thank Leonard_vd_Heyden
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Love going to Sprout! perfect setting and the food is always spectacular!
Can't fault it! hidden gem in the CBD of Newcastle