Rydges Newcastle
Quality Hotel Noah's On the Beach(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
The Lucky Hotel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$172
US$167
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
Chifley Apartments Newcastle(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$120
Merewether Motel(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$73
Boulevard on Beaumont Apartments(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Burwood Inn(Newcastle)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$51
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,105 results
All reviewsvalet parkingthe crowne plazaworking harbourvalet serviceking spaseasalt restaurantseparate bedroomharbour viewhunter riversitting areawater viewsmall kitchenetteroom servicenobbys beachhotel restaurantwater frontshower curtain
996 - 1,001 of 1,105 reviews
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed recently on business - being both a hotel guest and then presenting at a business breakfast as the keynote speaker. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience, the room was fantastic, very quiet, and very comfortable.

My only negative was the quality of the late night menu. Due to weather issues in Melbourne I arrived at the hotel well after the restaurant has closed so I was stuck with the after hours menu - it is really poor. I ended up ordering a pizza which I regretted.

I totally understand why they have a late night menu; I was disappointed with what was on offer - heck, I would have paid $15 for a lean cuisine meal if it was offered...

Overall, I'll be back. Really friendly staff, great breakfast, and a great location

Room Tip: Ask for a room with harbour views
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Spent last night at Crowne Plaza with my significant other for a bit of a romantic getaway - a whole 5 minutes from home. Had a Harbour View room which was spacious, modern and with great views. Ate in the restaurant which was fine - good food and service. The Crowne Plaza is pricey but is still probably the best option in Newcastle.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewcastleDazza
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Thanks for a great stay, although stayed for just a few nights, everything was great all staff were helpful. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is an adequate hotel, cleaner and more brightly furnished that most regional Australian hotels. It is in great location for walks along to the beach, and the harbour area is surprisingly clean and pleasant for what is said to be the busiest coal port in Australia. Breakfasts are adequate, but offer a better choice of greasy English-style fried meals than European or continental style. Rooms are bright, but fittings are cheap and cheerful rather than top quality.

Room Tip: Rooms with harbour view are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel after booking a mystery room on whotif, I have stayed at this hotel on two prior occasions and was not dissapointed with a return visit.
Upon check in we were given a room that we could not axcess, after two trips down to recpetion we were upgraded to a harbour view room, the outlook is beautiful on newcastle harbour, happy with that.
Rooms are tastefully decorated in a small suite set out, which feels a little larger than your average hotel room.
We ate in the restaurant and while found it to be overpriced it was lovely food.Staff friendly and helpful.
The location is perfect, close to newcastle city shops, honeysuckle restaurants and cafes and a reasonable walk to the beaches. well worth a stay.

Room Tip: Book a Harbour side room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple