“What a gem !”
Review of The Premier Hotel

The Premier Hotel
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Arrived on a hot day to be met by Courtney who was FANTASTIC. She even carried my case up the stairs. Room was clean and modern. Shared bathroom wasnt really a problem as we were there on business so up early and back late. Only had to wait once over the weekend and that was for about 2 mintues. We ate in the restaurant both nights and the food was also GREAT. Well priced, good portions, well cooked and a great variety to choose from. We were able to park outside on the street. No trouble with the noise which had been a concern. No breakfast but Courtney steered us in the direction of lots of restaurants not far away that were open for breakfast. Walking distance to Newcastle Entertainment Centre. All the staff were very friendly and had great customer service skills. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The family rooms have ensuites.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank janno140
There are newer reviews for The Premier Hotel

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I had a one-night stopover in Newcastle and stayed at the Premier Hotel simply because of it's proximity to Broadmeadow Station and price.

The staff were extremely helpful - I arrived nearly four hours later than I had advised because of the Pacific Highway traffic but they took it in their stride and didn't indicate in any way, shape, or form that I had inconvenienced them by being late.

The room itself was rather small, but the balcony view was excellent and the bed was extremely comfortable. The shared kitchen facilities were very clean and had everything that you might need in the morning for breakfast making. The shared bathroom was a tad on the dirty side, but it wasn't an issue.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat; if only they had more rooms as I have tried to book again and they are all booked out!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Friendly staff and very welcoming what more could you want i come here by my self while traveling up the east coast and had a quality time and would highly recommend if you intend to stay in Newcastle. all the girls are lovely and chris behind the bar is a awesome fella.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Adam7373
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I had the best birthday at The Premier Hotel on an extremely busy Friday night. The Staff were FANTASTIC and they looked after us so well that I would go back for another party or a quiet meal with my husband and son. The kids loved the play room and it allowed us parents to have a few moments to relax and enjoy the great food and atmosphere. The white chocolate spring rolls were the BEST.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I recently stayed at the Premier Hotel whilst visiting Newcastle on a business trip. Having travelled all over it is hands down one of the best pubs I have visited and stayed at. From the friendly and accommodating staff to the amazing food!! The room was perfect and exactly what i was looking for, spacious and modern and at a good price! I am looking forward to my next visit to Newcastle because I know where I will be staying!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CamB823
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

I was staying here recently for one night for business and didn't like it at all. I've been to many pub style hotel rooms and this would be the worst I've seen. Very basic and no attention to detail. I guess if you want a cheap stay and you're not a fussy person it's ok - but I wouldn't go back there...

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank frox05
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I've stayed in a few pubs over the years as i travel a bit for work, most are pretty average so i wasn't expecting too much, but i was really suprised. The staff were really friendly and very helpfull, and the room was spacious and modern. Also the pub and restaurant has a really good feel to it, friendly locals and the food was amazing would definetly reccomend the the premier to anyone who is looking for cheaper accomadation in newcastle.

Room Tip: Grab the ensuite family room with the balcony, good value.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business