“Great coffee”

Ranked #2 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Newcastle
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Delicious Coffee with friendly baristas. Places like this in the Hunter Street Mall are making Newcastle awesome again.

3  Thank Tom B
There are newer reviews for One Penny Black

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A wonderful choice for the discerning coffee drinker. Very cool. Not a great deal of seating. Delicious (but Sydney prices) gourmet toasties. Staff helpful when asking to look at ingredients on chocolate powder for my child's hot chocolate (peanut allergy) - which turned out to be peanut free.

2  Thank Coffee_Cloud_Journey
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I knew that I'd found One Penny Black when I spotted people queuing outside the front putting in their coffee orders to either drink at one of the tables, or takeaway to kickstart their workday. Fortunately, the service was speedy and efficient, and my short macchiato and biscotti arrived in no time. Am looking forward to returning to see if their attention to detail on the food matches that of their coffee.

3  Thank KnightCat
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Called into One Penny Black on a Sunday morning. I had an excellent strong flat white and my companion a hot chocolate. The latter was reported as being 'very good!".
It's a real shame we had breakfasted earlier because, looking at the diners and their meals around us, One Penny Black offers a great selection.
If I find myself in the area again, I will definitely return.
Well worth a look.

3  Thank markr1963
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The open sandwiches were delicious also, and very filling. Only negative was the line up for the second coffee, but it just shows how popular this place is. Hispter but not.

3  Thank Tim R