“Best tapas in Newcastle!”
Review of Barrio 2304

Barrio 2304
Ranked #23 of 560 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tapas in Newcastle!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been here many times and I plan to come back for many more. Though the restaurant is quite small and can get pretty warm, the food is to die for. Every meal I have had from here is divine and the service is always great. Do yourself a favour and order the homemade sangria and make sure you book in advance for Fridays and Saturdays or you'll miss out..

Newcastle, Australia
“Yet another great night out at Barrio”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food great. Suitably priced. Friendly attentive service. Friendly, casual, neighbourhood vibe.

What else do you need? No surprise that it's busy.

It's tempting to keep coming back to taste all the options as every plate we shared was delicious.

Newcastle, Australia
“Just pure deliciousness”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have been here a few times but never taken my fussy eating husband so I thought I'd share my food experience with him at Barrio.

We got a array of different dishes and the chicken skewers are my favourite and now they are my husbands favourite too.

The food is clean and fresh tasting and they have a good selection of seasonal food.

Staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant was very busy and they handled it quite well.

We were sitting up the back , it was a hot night and the fans weren't doing much sadly or else we would have stayed a bit longer.

• Visited December 2013
Newcastle
“Beautiful tapas”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Invited to a Hunter valley wine tasting at Barios seven wines - seven different tapas. Delicious .. I will be back to bring my son who has just returned from Spain. The Seafood Israeli cous cous was divine.

2 Thank NewcastleVickiT
Newcastle
“Most enjoyable”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is a great restaurant it was packed on a Wed weeknight but we were lucky to be given a spot at the bar for the two of us. Was a little disappointed that one of my favorite dishes (lamb cutlets) had already sold out but we did find other tasty dishes on the menu that were most enjoyable. Defiantly worth a second and third visit so you get to taste all of the dishes on the menu. Would be good to go in a larger group for this reason. (The banquet seems the go for this reason as well.If it is offered) Food was very well done, great flavors and at a reasonable price. Menu must change regularly as some of the food mentioned in other reviews was not on offer it was a small select menu but should suit all tastes a great find.

• Visited April 2014