“recent guest”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Newcastle
Long Jetty
“recent guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had to be on an early flight out of Newcastle airport. The travelodge was a great place to stay for an overnight stay. Rooms were big and clean. The restaurant food was great and all the staff were friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Rhonda S,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent visit. I'm so glad you enjoyed our convenient location & clean, comfortable rooms. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your meals & the friendly service our team provide. We hope to welcome you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon!

Tiffeny Gregg
Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Parkes, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Rooms not clean air conditioner not working and not a great menu choice
The location was great and generally service was good
I did not sleep very well because the air conditioner would not go to cool

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diane H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review. I'm very sorry to read that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay, in particular the air conditioning. We do have a friendly, 24-hour reception team who would have been happy to help rectify this issue during your stay. We are currently in the process of changing our menu & we will have some delicious new meals available very soon! I appreciate your feedback & hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Newcastle in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stay here for weekend getaway for friends birthday in Newcastle.
Location wasn't bad, rooms we great. Staff we very friendly and helpful.Only thing about hotel, air conditioning look like needed a clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kacey M,

Thank you for posting your review, we appreciate the time you have taken to do so. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay & found our team friendly & helpful - I'll be sure to pass on your compliments. I appreciate your feedback regarding the air conditioner, and will ensure this is followed up immediately. We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon!

Forrest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would not recommend this place if you want quiet comfort. The room was extremely musty smelling so we had to open the windows and in turn were exposed to party noise the entire night. We were pretty tired driving back to Sydney early in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank John F
Megan S, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear John F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am disappointed that you were unhappy with your stay & I apologise for the discomfort you experienced. I'm unsure whether you reported the issue during your stay, as we do have a friendly 24-hour reception team available to deal with any guest enquiries or concerns. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your visit, I can be contacted at the hotel on 02 4926 3777.

Megan Stanley
Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle hotels

Batemans Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a party to attend. At a discount web rate I booked in. The outside is not inviting and on a main road, but once inside it is nice, and rooms are spacious, opening windows (which I like), and shower over bath. It appeared well cleaned. Nice. Had to pay extra for parking, which I believe on booking ALL hotels should state. Gd location for the party and woollies etc. Had a comfy stay, and staff were accommodating re a later checkout which I was really grateful for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jacqueline S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Travelodge Newcastle. It's great to hear you enjoyed a comfortable, convenient visit & appreciated the service from our friendly team. Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon.

Megan Stanley
Hotel Manager
Alstonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Reception service was excellent but bar and restaurant service erratic with long waits at times - fine dining prices but pub food. The rooms are excellent but no Wifi is a downfall in this day and age - Wifi reception in bar and lobby poor and pay internet not private.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Megan S, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Newcastle, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jonathan M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed our great value, comfortable rooms. I appreciate & take on board your feedback about the internet offered. We are working on providing better internet options for our guests, and hopefully this will happen in the near future. Thanks once again for your constructive comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon.

Taree
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I attended a managers course in Newcastle, about two blocks away from the Travelodge. My manager stayed there last year, that's where I heard of you. I was very happy with my stay!! :) would definitely recommend any other business tripers to stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Megan S,

The team and I are delighted that you so enjoyed your stay! Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Newcastle soon.