“VERY HAPPy, WILL BE RETURNING”

Jesmond Executive Villas
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Myself and my husband have just spent two nights in one of the spa apartments. I rang up on the Friday night before booking to ask if the bush fires were affecting the area. I was very impressed with the service I got over the phone. When we arrived earlier than we planned on Sunday afternoon we were greeted by a very friendly guy at the desk who answered our questions and explained exactly where our villa was located.
After opening the door to the villa both myself and my husband were very impressed with all areas of the villas. The bathroom and kitchen was very clean and just as described in wotif and your website. Our room was everything we wanted. And the pool/spa was just beautiful.
As we were getting ready to leave I had the pleasure of meeting the cleaner as she was cleaning the room beside ours. She was very friendly and helpful as we were enquiring about the two bedroom apartments. She went out of way to quickly show me around the room she was cleaning.
My husband and I will be returning with our two children in the near future due to the service and friendly staff that we got during our visit. I have also told a lot of our friends about our stay as well as posting photos in Facebook. Many of these friends have asked for the name and phone number as they too are interested in staying at your villas.
Thank you very much to all of the staff for making mine and my husband's break with you a stress free and enjoyable pleasant one.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, that is always our aim. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We were in room 62. Dirty room, fridge door, cupboard doors, lounge chairs none had been cleaned. The bed sheets were dirty and tiny plastic satchel that had white power residue in it which was in the bed. The room needs a really good clean. The only shining light was the beautiful cleaner who came and cleaned the bedroom once asked by reception, at 6pm at night. Sorry it really is that bad. Perhaps the rest of the villas were ok, this room was not.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Deb W
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We are very sorry for this experience. This room was missed on the cleaning schedule on this day and one of our cleaners did the best she could to rectify the situation in the evening. This room is one of our budget 1 bedroom apartments, however the cleanliness standard was unacceptable and is certainly not the norm.
We would like to advise our future guests that these guests were offered a full refund for their room and our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a one bedroom apartment with spa. The front reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The kitchen facilities were good although we didn't cook, but very handy for diy breakfasts. The room was very clean and well equipped. On a busy Friday night though, we were still able to find a park at 11.30pm. Very convenient to Jesmond shops across the road. A small courtyard with table at the front door of the apartment was very handy. The only negative would be that I agree with another review that the TV was placed way too high to watch comfortably from the low sofa, and our "king" bed was 2 singles pushed together.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matthias_Kocher, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review and thanks for your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My mum booked a studio apartment for myself & my partner as she was also staying there. I looked up reviews as I do & found many poor reviews. I really can't understand why people have complained about this business. I travel Australia wide with my dogs & am away most weekends & am always trying to findcheap accommodation. The room was $99.00 pernight, dogs were allowed on the tiled areas although mine have their own crates, the bed was comfortable & everything worked as expected. Parking was tight but unless you simply can't drive I can't see why you would have any difficulty (it was booked out so there were cars everywhere & we still had no issues) the only thing I didn't like was the bathroom sink but that was purely me being picky! It was extremely quiet. My mums room was much the same, quiet, clean & comfortable. My only issue was getting out of the driveway as the speed limit is 70km/h & its on a bend. This is a council issue. Being that we usually camp when in Newcastle at the dog grounds I will from now on be paying the $99.00 per night to stay at Jesmond as it is money very well spend for a comfortable stay. Only thing I would like to see more of is a bigger grassed area for the dogs.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy W

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We try our best to provide excellent accommodation and service at affordable prices and find it rewarding to hear when one of our valued guests has enjoyed their stay. For future stays we have the large Jesmond Park right next door which is great for the dogs to have a run.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed for two nights in a 1 bedroom spa apartment. Reception was friendly but found the apartment a little lacking, seeing as it was four stars- e.g. no shower extras (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel etc.), rather understocked kitchen (no measuring cups), bedside table lamp only on one side, TV positioned uncomfortably high and very few power points for phone/laptop chargers etc. We were promised a king size bed, actually we got two singles pushed together. (Not the same thing!!!)

The apartment was neat and we thought it was pretty clean until we used the spa and turned on the jets, which proceeded to spew out black stuff into the bath. Pretty gross. Also, was advertised as a non-smoking apartment but did smell of stale cigarette smoke.

So not a terrible place to stay, but definitely not a four star venue! Will not be returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adzabz

Thank you for your response. I sorry that we did not provide all the extras you were looking for. We do provide soap, linen and all the basic booking equipment and cutlery. Unfortunately we cannot cater to every individual need.
Our beds are split king beds that zip together and come apart to make 2 singles. They are very commonly used by hotels and apartments around Australia and internationally.
The spas are cleaned regularly, so this is unusual and am very sorry for this experience. Our housekeeping staff have been advised.
Unfortunately even though we are a no smoking property and have many signs to advise this, people still smoke in our rooms. We do our very best to air these rooms and have an ozone machine that removes the smell. We do our best and agree that rooms that smell of smoke are not pleasant.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I have just spent 2 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment which was next to the main complex. They look like converted flats. Staff were very friendly at reception. The room itself was clean and tidy and had everything that you needed for your stay. The moment we opened the door we hit with the smell of bleach. It was that strong that it triggered my asthma, but at least the bathroom was clean. It would pay to either put in a shower screen or a shower curtain as the spray of the shower covered the small bathroom floor as there is no screen. Also a hook for the hand towel would be good as the only place to put it was on top of the toilet cistern which isnt ideal. The only mirror is the small bathroom vanity or a large one in the lounge up above the lounge suite, ( we tried to stand on a chair to look into it but that didnt work), so was dissapointed as we were going to a wedding and we couldnt check our appearances. It was very noisy, not only from the road noise, but also from the airconditioning unit outside the bedroom window that had everything vibrating so we had to turn it off. The parking was terribly hard with the narrow driveway for our 4 wheel drive to navigate past other parked cars to get out ( hence the marks on the brick walls that others have put there with their cars). It is very Convienient with the shops across the road and proximity to other things. I was expecting a little bit more for my money, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LouLouLucy21
Manager-Matthias, Director of Sales at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. You did book one of our Budget 1 Bedroom apartments, which are as the name suggests quite basic and provide affordable accommodation for those who just require the basic facilities. We do have a range of spa and deluxe spa 1 Bedroom apartments for slightly more, which provide all the facilities you suggest you were missing. We would be happy to upgrade you on your next stay so that you can experience the difference.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed for three nights and loved it. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The villa was very clean and well maintained. We did not have our own transportation, so were delighted to have a large shopping center complete with grocery store, shops, ATM and bus stop right across the street. Also, a beautiful park with running path is right behind the villas for exercise and bird watching. The only suggestion that I have to the management would be to have a few mats on the floor for tracking in water on rainy days. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Manager-Matthias, Guest Relations Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive response. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.