“Please read”
Review of The Executive Inn

The Executive Inn
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It is a shame, overall a nice hotel but I agree they need to improve their pest control. The inn has feedback cards to provide positive and negative feedback. Please note if you give negative feedback, you are not supported by the inn. The staff are vague and very unhelpful. They do not care about their customers. Just some food for thought if you plan to stay their....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilliy S

Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

My family - husband and two sons 9 and 11 drove to Queensland over Christmas and stayed one night on our way over and 7 days later another night on the way back home. The complex was huge with about five restaurants, a food court and a gaming area and underground parking. Our room was great with two twin beds and a modern bathroom with huge double shower and lots of room. We were lucky enough to make dinner in the Italian restaurant without a reservation and the food was terrific and the staff very friendly, we really enjoyed the evening. After dinner, as we walked down the corridor to our room, we could hear lots of shouting and noise, sounded like a party!!! Walking closer to our room, we realised it was the people next door - this was about 10pm, we'd had a big day and needed our sleep!! I called the front desk and they called the noisy room to keep it down but the noise continued and they called us to check how it was a little later and I let them know it was still going on. They then sent a security guard who made some of the guests leave but we were still worried that they might start up again during the night so requested to be moved. They did this and moved us to another floor. The next time we stayed the boys had a little time to swim in the pool, and they just loved it! We were once again lucky enough to have dinner in the Chinese restaurant (the restaurants are very popular!) and had the best Chinese dinner ever!!! Staff were lovely and the food was delicious. Once back in the room we settled for a good night sleep, I got up to use the bathroom and not to wake the family did not turn the lights on, I heard a little scraping noise and turned the light on to see a great big cockroach running across the floor and into the shower! I ran back to bed and tried to sleep but had to wake my husband to deal with it because as long as it was in the room I couldn't sleep! Deal with it he did and it took a while for me to sleep after that. I told the front desk about it in the morning and the young lady said "yuck, sorry" but there was no follow up. The restaurants were the best part of the hotel, I think we will try another hotel if we're in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Executive Inn last Sunday night. Never again!!! After checking in with the rude staff behind the service desk, we tried to have room service delivered - but due problems with staffing - it was not an option (pregnant wife folks). Ok we slept, ate some of their greazy American style breakfast and left. But here's the thing - I accidently left my keys in the room. As we only live 10mins away I immediately phoned their "friendly" staff asking them to check the room. They said they did this - and nothing was found. I called again the next morning, that night and the next two days - desparately trying to find my keys, all the time hearing "the room has been checked for you and nothing was found" ringing in my ears. I knew the keys had to be there, I spent hours looking through everything at home without any luck. Finally I decided to call the Police. But I thought I would ring one last time before doing so. After pleading with reception another "check" was carried out ( only after threatening Police involvement - and guess what! THEY WERE THERE! BEEN THERE ALL WEEK! I couldn't believe it - they just didn't look! So guys make sure you don't get lied to if this happens to you, Never give up and remember they don't care!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank craig b
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Have stayed here around 10 times on business trips. Attached to a leagues club with plenty of gambling, shows, and restaurants. Hotel is fairly clean, showing some age. Staff always helpful. Location not so good for seeing Newcastle City. I'd prefer to stay in CBD at Crowne Plaza - beautifully located, but not convenient for my work. Food has improved in last 6 months, and the change of menu is welcomed, however food quality could be better. The new steak restaurant is worth eating at and the blackened ribeye steaks cooked for 18 hours or so are very tasty. They sometimes run out of these steaks, so it might pay to order in advance.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mooffy
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Check in was smooth and friendly. Room was nice and it was clean and tidy. Beds were comfie and room was nice and quite. I have stayed here before and found the freezers do not work at all in the room. Thought I would give it another go and buy ice cream for the kids but again they don't work, it was liquid and was set on the coolest temp. Close to amenties such as Kotara Shopping Centre and pretty much in a central place with only a small drive away. I would stay again :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle P
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The twin rooms are the go here. As I was on business the spa room isn't worth the extra money and the garden rooms are a bit expensive for what you get. Dining options at the club are great & its hard to beat the blackened ribeye in the restaurant. Bed is comfortable and shower is fantastic in twin or spa room only. Garden room has it in a bath. It's attached to a club that has a great sports bar & the usual pokies etc. Also has a great pool.

Room Tip: Twin Rooms are the go.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Brad290
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Executive Inn is located about 10-15 minutes drive from the docks (Cafes and dining) and Newcastle beaches. Newcastle is sprawling so this did not worry us. The rooms are new and very clean. We would stay here just for the shower head!! The hotel is attached to the Wests club with an excellent array of restaurants and bars (once again very new and no 'riff raff' seen!). Friendly staff topped our experience off. With free undercover parking as well, we would not hesitate to stay her again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground level facing the street but we did not get any street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple