“Not that great”
Review of The Executive Inn

The Executive Inn
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Newcastle
Reviewed 15 November 2009

I stayed here for a weekend get away in a spa room.
The spa once started , filled with previous persons hairs and who knows what else.
Seeing this turned me off. the shower water ran out under the door (that didnt close properly) so the bathroom floor was slippery. the bed was lumpy and we didnt have a very good sleep at all.
I have also stayed in a normal room (as part of a function) and found it alot better than the spa room, for cleaniness.
check in was a hassle for the staff, one of them in particular forgot to put their bubbly face on that day and made me feel like an inconvienience.

I would definetly only stay there again for one night and spend most of the time in the casino away from the room.

Not worth the money at all.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed there for 1 night, yet scouted hotel quite well.
So brief and concise about this hotel:

The good:
--------------
Nice hotel, clean hotel. Spacious room with DVD player, 2 TVs, a couch, a nice balcony and comfy bed. Nice breakfast. Enjoyable life music at night, as well as warm and fuzzy Irish Bar.

The bad:
------------
It just doesn't feel like it's 4 or 5 star hotel... There's just not enough... stuff.... territory. Everything is to plain and business-like, there's not "outdoor territory" as such. Just not enough for start that it claims to have.

Good for business trip though, would do just fine... Not for holiday though.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2009

Really enjoyed our stay here!! Room was presented well with modern fixtures including in the bathroom. Fantastic pool & spa area, shame it closes at 7pm though. Eating at the Wests League Club was great too with a good variety of food at a reasonable price. Staff were friendly & helpful. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

When my 8 yr old daughter arrived to our room the 1st thing that hit us was the cigar smell.
After 15min of airing the room I rang reception..
The receptionist came to the room and said all she could do was spray the room as the hotel was fully booked.. This masked the smell for 1/2hr....
*Room smelled of smoke
*Broken glass shower screen door was hanging on 1 hinge
We then went to "Princesses on Ice" show and arrived back to our room tired after a day of travelling. To pull the bed back to find
*Long black hair on the sheets
*Sheets paper thin
I decided that I wouldn't ring reception as I knew there would be a fuss, so I striped the bed and remade it using the sofa beds sheets. While doing this I found
*a TOE NAIL on the floor......GROSS......
I wrote to management who did apologise, was this enough I don't think so....
The hotel policy is NO REFUNDS not even partial refund even though I had paid for a 4.5star hotel and that is definately not what we got at this hotel...They did offer a $30 discount if I stayed there again WOULD YOU??????

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank flipinround
Reviewed 8 June 2009

This is an upmarket motel attached to a Leagues Club, and not a 5 star hotel as is advertised. Rooms are comfortable and clean, albeit some feel like a 10 minute walk from the lift. Parking is complimentary, which is becoming increasingly uncommon. Service is fine, with the receptionists polite and helpful. The pool area is well organised, although overrun by kids in holiday periods - not the place for a quiet getaway!

What you see is what you get. The place is better than a motel, but it is not an upmarket hotel as is claimed. I have never seen a 5 star hotel with cupboards and room furnishings that look like they are from Harvey Norman or Ikea! So, if you go expecting above average motel-standard accomodation, you will find it acceptable. If you go expecting something fancier, you will be disappointed. Given this, I thought that room rates were on the high side and you were entitled to expect more in the $150-200 per night range.

Good motel-standard accomodation, value dubious with hotel-style pricing.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt873
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We stayed during easter to visit family in Newcastle and found this pace quiet convenient, However the problems were - Noise factor very high, we were travelling with a 7 week old baby and room was right on the pool so the noise at times was deafening. We ordered room service and they got our order wrong twice in a row, we ended up eating it as we were hungry. We were awoken in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling on my partners chest when light was turned on there were several cockroaches scurring everywhere, cockroaches were also present in the bathroom when we complained on checkout the receptionist ignored us and said next please to hurry as out, So my sister who is a Housekeeping Manager for a major chain in Sydney wrote an email explaining the problems she was replied to with a general email with no appolgy or anything. This property needs training on customer service as it was very very basic reception seemed to have little knowledge on local area etc.

I will not be back as the fact of the cockroaches and how my complaint was ignored and swept under the carpet shows lack of confidence in this property. This property is not reccommended.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank tebaz
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Stayed at the Executive Inn to be closer to Newcastle Airport for an early flight. We unfortunately did not get to see or use our balcony as we checked in at night/left early in the morning but the room was great for an overnight stay, it was a basic room but just felt really luxurious and you would not even know it was attached to a Leagues club/were in the suburbs of Newcastle. We just wanted a room for the night and expected a basic motel room but were really impressed with the high standard.

Bathroom was fantastic - walk in shower and spa was seperate, opposite to the room. A pull back wooden partition meant you could even watch tv from the spa - nice indulgence!

Staff were fantastic, would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business