“Excellent beer selection”

Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Hop Factory is Newcastle's ultimate craft beer dining experience, offering both a craft beer restaurant & function facilities on Newcastle's most famous eat street - Darby Street. We have 20 taps of craft beer, the biggest and best range of Aussie & Imported in Newcastle, with a strong emphasis on food matching and a wine list exclusively featuring our local Hunter Valley vineyards.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

They've a really good range of beers on offer here, with plenty of local and international craft beer on tap. The bar area has a great cosy feel but can still pack in a pretty big crowd on the busy weekend evenings. However, I thought the food was pretty awful.

1  Thank Red R

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great value for lunch, terrific atmosphere with sun coming through the glass ceiling. Try the pot pie or spicy beef burger with generous crunchy chips and every condiment you could wish for. $10 specials a treat and as locals we will be back. The ginger beer was heavenly too.
A great find on Darby Street.

2  Thank Location123
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to take my parents to The Hop Factory for my mums birthday, I thought with their love of craft beer how could I go wrong...and I didn't, we walked in to the sound of an amazing band. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. The food was prompt and reasonably priced. Three of us tried the burger (beef burger, pork burger and spicy beef burger) + Batlow cider deal. And one had the Meze plate + Hunter Kolsch. I can safely say this is the best meal I've had in a long time and the cider was fantastic! Being a local, I will 110% be back in the near future!

2  Thank Dee21713
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went here for some drinks with friends - relaxing atmosphere, great beer selection! Definitely a homie place to go and shoot it with friends!

Would recommend

1  Thank USCalum
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The bartenders here are always keen to talk about the beer selections and give you a recommendation. Great place to actually have a conversation over dinner and a pint as there's no TVs blaring. Delicious delicious craft beer selections and the burgers are tasty. Becoming a regular here

1  Thank Tom B