“Consistently great”

Ranked #3 of 22 Coffee & Tea in Newcastle
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A fairly regular spot for coffee if I'm around the beaches, with the added bonus of a spectacular view. Coffee is consistently good, and the food simple but delicious (the gelato is super tasty). The staff are always friendly and helpful. I have come here many times solo, but with friends and family. It logically is a hot spot on weekend mornings with flowing crowds, extended waiting times and a slightly more hectic atmosphere, so it is best to get in early to try and beat them.

There are newer reviews for Estabar Gelati and Espresso

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Estabar is one of Newcastle's gems. Brilliant, smooth coffee. Delicious gelati and treats. Friendly service with good follow up amd views of the beach. Perfect!!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went here for Breakfast one morning. My partner ordered the Eggs Benedict and I, the Bircher Museli. I was disappointed with my Museli, it did not come with yoghurt, however the staff gave me some on request. The boy reported that the eggs were good, but nothing to rave about.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

A disappointing introduction to Newcastle to say the least. Went there for lunch. Stood at door waiting to be seated. Seated ourselves. Found our own menus. Waited 10 minutes - no acknowledgement- walked out. Had lunch somewhere else. Thought we would try estabar again and went back there for gelati. Waited in the 'gelati line' for 5 mins (waitress aware I was there). Got to front of line and stood in front of gelati fridge for another 10 mins waiting. Meanwhile waitresses walking back and forth past me. I then stepped across 1 metre to counter and asked if I could order some gelato. The waitress whom had seen me waiting there for the last 15 mins said the sign says order at counter. Really!! You saw me there for 15 mins and your sign is tiny. Wouldn't you think to say oh sorry we take the gelato orders at the counter. This was unclear as everyone was lining up in front of the gelato fridge. Pure arrogance!!

2  Thank Caplatte
Reviewed 25 September 2013

High quality food served in a timely and correct order. Drinks should arrive before food and they do! Ask about what is on the menu as some options seen to be 'by being in the know'!