“Excellent. but ........”

le petit deux
Price range: US$20 - US$38
Cuisines: French, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent. but ........”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Attended for lunch. All facets very acceptable on the day without being outstanding or memorable. Head waitress very ordinary and not up to standard of the establishment. Pity because on previous occasions both food and service have been exceptional - maybe it was an off day.

• Visited November 2013

nsw
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food but not enough”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Went to Made for the first time for lunch. I ordered the Crab tortellini - it was delicious however it was quite small - only 3 or 4 pieces. I only had time for a short lunch and was really disappointed to be leaving hungry. Perhaps the staff should have advised if the serving was quite small. I ended up having to grab sushi on the way to Uni. Also having to pay $7 to park for about 45 mins is a bit rich - obviously the fault of council....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank freakochick74
NSW
“Le Petit Deux has it MADE”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Visited the newly named "Made, " formerly Le Petit Deux to celebrate our wedding anniversary last night. Sensational in all respects! Prompt, considerate and friendly service, well-presented and very, very tasty food, great ambience (music, music, music) and understated decor. Couldn't have asked for a nicer experience.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank sainted a
Gold Coast
“10/10 service & food”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Absolutely amazing place!!! We decided to visit this restaurant because we found it on tripadvisor. We didn't expect much of it except maybe the cake will be pretty good because of the photos others posted on tripadvisor. We both were made very comfortable and welcome at the restaurant, the service was nothing to fault. Anyhow, I ordered the confit duck and my husband had the pasta. I must say the confit duck was the best I've ever had and I know my confit duck!!! The pasta was delicious. it was just absolutely amazing. Then came the desert, and it was heaven, every single component compliment each other on the dish, just amazing. Will definitely go back if I travel to Newcastle!!!

• Visited May 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“amazing”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

beautiful food and great service. We had the steak frites and a bottle of wine during a midday Friday service...and it was one of the best meals we've ever had. We will be back

• Visited April 2013