“Beautiful gardens..storybook section is great for young kids”

Hunter Valley Gardens
Hunter Valley Wine Tour with Cheese Chocolate Distillery and Lunch
Ranked #5 of 111 things to do in Pokolbin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Beautiful gardens..storybook section is great for young kids”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Garden is beautiful, well manicured and well themed.
What was particularly good was the fairy tale theme storybook garden..there, one can find characters from humpty dumpy, Alice in wonderland etc.
My 21mth kid enjoyed himself as he finds the characters familiar from the fairy tale stories he had heard..

But as our visit does not coincide with any special exhibition, I won't pay aud26 just to enter the gardens to see the storybook garden

1 Thank Gnoskcoy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Olympia, Washington
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 213 helpful votes
“Very pricey in winter, but pleasant”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A Canadian reviewer who claimed to be well traveled said HVG rivaled anything he'd ever seen. France and Japan alone probably have half a dozen better that I've seen, and visiting gardens isn't a particular priority for me.

Even allowing for it being the equivalent of early December in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, there's no way HVG could rival Butchart Gardens, which probably is the best I've ever enjoyed. In peak season and full bloom everywhere, on the best day possible, I doubt HVG could rival Butchart even during a shoulder season like April or October.

We did, however, enjoy the hour-plus we spent walking the grounds trying to visualize what it might be like in spring, summer, or autumn. At a $10 or $12 "winter rate" we'd likely have been pleased. At the geezer price of $22 or so, it approached a rip-off in early June.

The best part turned out to be the bird life, as there were quite a number of active, interesting birds about, and with reduced foliage on the trees and bushes, they were more visible.

If we were ever back in Hunter Valley in summer, I expect we'd give it another try.

Wichita Falls, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Pretty but not a lot to see”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

It was a nice place to go but not the highlight of my trip. Just a big pretty garden, lots of water! Cafe was not very good, don't waste your money at it!

Sydney, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Hunter Valley Gardens”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Loved the Gardens, the Storybook garden is a great attraction for kids. Also the French-inspired Bordered Garden is a must see. And not too much to pay for entry!

Visited May 2014
Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Peaceful and pretty”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My partner and I go every year and we love the gardens. They are so peaceful and tranquil. Wear comfortable footwear and allow plenty of time to walk around at your leisure!

Visited May 2014