“As good as the first visit”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
12 Bedrooms, 11 Bathrooms, Sleeps 40
Pokolbin, Cessnock, Greater Newcastle, New South Wales

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 226 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Any
Mark K
Adelaide
“As good as the first visit”
Reviewed 19 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

We are VERY happy return guests.

Last time we stayed for two nights and had such a great experience that we booked in to stay again with Raylee for 5 nights in the Summer House.

Yet again, we were not disappointed and found the same level of hospitality from both Raylee and Trish. Thank you for providing such a lovely and relaxed experience yet again. Im glad to say that this time we managed to give your pool a good workout - walking to the wineries up Hermitage Rd during high 30s may not have been our best idea, even though close enough to do so. It was such a relief to fall into this beautiful cool oasis after our long walk! We stayed from Sunday night through to Friday morning and found that we virtually had the place to ourselves, along with the Hunter Valley vineyards (most people go there on weekends)
This brings me to something that troubles me, and I hope that Trip Advisor will allow me to comment on a previous review, by what sounds like one of those reviewers that have nothing better to do than just complain about everything. Can I start by stating an obvious fact. This is a B&B run by one lovely person, not a 5 start resort hotel. I have personally toured through all of the rooms on offer at Willow Tree Estate. I found all of the rooms to be immaculate in cleanliness and presentation. City folk need to be aware of some of the issues of living in the country. Yes there are seasonal bugs that manage to find their way into any facility. Yes there are spiders outside. This is Australia, and this is a huge property. It has trees! this means they will drop a few leaves which will find their way into the pool from time to time. In the country, wind does blow. If you want a street lamp lit driveway, stay in a city, where you may even get valet parking. Better still, learn to drive at night. In country Australia, the roads are dark, and contain many hazards in addition to poor lighting. If you want your room serviced, simply ask. I too am a seasoned traveller and have stayed in many 5 star establishments that will not service your room unless you ask for it. Willow Tree Estate is supplied by rain water tanks. Excessive use of water is kept to a minimum, if not, it means that water will need to be purchased and shipped in. Having said this, Raylee will go out of her way to provide the best service and facilities possible. What she can’t do is read minds, so some simple people skills may have gone a long way to improving your experience, and perhaps a little more research. The wind changed direction many times during our stay, and not once did we detect any hint of sewerage smell or any other smell for that reason. This I can also vouch for on our previous stay as well. on our way up to the hunter valley, we stayed over in a similar priced, 40 room ensuite 4-4.5 star hotel. I found their service polite but impersonal, the building and facilities were old and in desperate need of a good renovation, and did suffer from ‘old musty’ smell. A stay at Willow Tree Estate is like a breath of fresh air if I was to compare these two. I have also stayed at various B&Bs around Australia and none of those provided room refresh services, and some of them required you to bring your own bedding. What Willow Tree Estate offers is far superior for a B&B and I sincerely hope that most readers of Trip Advisor’s reviews for this establishment can see through this poorly constructed review. Dollar for dollar, this place is outstanding value. Congratulations Raylee and Trish for your determination and courage to continue to provide the wonderful service and facilities that you do. We look forward to staying with you again for the third time.

Rooms Location
thedoc14
“Perfect”
Reviewed 29 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

A great country getaway. Lovely hosts, a very warm welcome, fantastic rooms, and such a tranquil atmosphere. Waking up to a stunning view over the damn, kangaroos everywhere and birds on the balcony was spot on.

We had no hesitation in booking for another Hunter weekend coming up. Thanks so much!

50mick
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Fleetwood Mac Weekend”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Thanks Willow tree for a great weekend, we had a Blast at The Fleetwood Mac Concert and your help and organisation it getting us settled, prepared and to the venue was much appreciated.
Our room was wonderful, clean and so comfortable - look forward to staying with you at the next Concert...
PS where do you get that awesome Yogurt from??

Rooms Location
Travelling group: Friends
Melanie S
“A great chill out”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We are return visitors to Willow Tree & love seeing the concerts at Hope Estate. Raylee & Trish make us feel like we are coming home. I would have no hesitation in recommending staying at Willow Tree, clean rooms great food & nothing is a problem for Raylee to organize. Looking forward to our next stay.

Melisa I
Sydney, Australia
“FILTHY”
Reviewed 22 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

I was looking forward to a lovely weekend away at hunter valley... after reading reviews on willow estate I thought it would be a great place to stay, unfortunately it was far from what I thought it would be. Upon arrival from the minute we walked in we were hit with awful damp smells, the place is full of dust, was hoping things would be better once we got into the room, the smell was worst it smelt like sewerage the rooms look so much nicer in photos...I have travelled all around the world & will have to say this is the worst room I have stayed in... completely over priced for what you get... the room is COVERED in bugs all through the bed, all throughout the bathroom everywhere even throughout the whole place hence the reason we chose not to eat there... unhygenic! , each day getting worst which makes no sense to why the rooms don't get serviced daily... when you rent out rooms for accommodation & pay what you pay at willow tree estate you should be getting fresh towels & sheets & have the bathroom mopped & floors vacumed. The pool is filthy, half empty, dirty water with leafs & dead bugs all through it, I would never let my child in that pool... & even if it was clean all they had was 2 deflated pool toys... there were spiders everywhere in the pool area! & lastly the entrance driveway is a HAZARD!! Driving along the street you come to a large willow tree estate sign when driving at night time it can be easily mistaken for the drive way, we nearly ended up in the water! Further up there is a small entrance with a small sign & no lighting area... common sence would be to put the larger sign at the entrace & some extra lighting especially as there are no street lights. My overall stay was awful I only rated 1 star because I had to but I give it a 0 rating... will never go back again.

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
23 Nov 2015
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness at our Estate. As all our reviews show we have a lovely property which we highly respect and maintain. We were inundated with a plague of insects due to the 40 degree heatwave over the weekend, however all you needed to do was come to reception and let us know your room needed attention, and we would have dealt with it immediately. There are no sewerage issues at our property and certainly no other guests made any complaints.

It's a pity we can't write reviews on guests behaviour, or I would have commented on feedback from the other guests staying about the noise and intoxication levels coming from your room.
Emily S
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely relaxing stay in a picturesque convenient location”
Reviewed 6 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying at Willow Tree Estate for 2 nights. We received a very warm welcome - and were able to check in early which was great. The room was very comfortable and had a lovely view of the local vineyards and kangaroos! Raylee went out of her way to make sure all our needs were met - even ensuring the TV was all set up for me to watch the RWC final at 3am on Sunday!! All in all, a comfortable and relaxing stay, a great quiet location, I would recommend.

Rooms Cleanliness
Gagan B
“Perfect stay at Hunter”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great view from the room and great stay - saw a lot of Kangaroos around the accommodation, and is close to good restaurants in the area as well.

We went home with good memories and will be back again. Raylee has been the perfect host.

Value Service
Travelling group: Couples
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing