“Wow what an amazing place for a work conference”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Holiday Rental House -
12 Bedrooms, 11 Bathrooms, Sleeps 40
Pokolbin, Greater Newcastle, New South Wales

Reviews from our community

Very good - based on 221 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Any
Lisa52895...
Gosford, Australia
“Wow what an amazing place for a work conference”
Reviewed 22 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010
person found this review helpful

Wow what an amazing place. I would highly recommend it. I had to arrange an annual work conference and choose Willow Tree Estate, and we were not disappointed. What a Special place that is truly assembled with great love and care. The warm professional & friendly feel that you receive from the owner Raylee is extremely rare. I had 12 work colleagues say what a wonderful place to stay all commenting on how large & clean all the rooms were & said that they would love to come back again next year, stating that it was a lot nicer than any other 5 star resort that they have stayed in. The breakfast was amazing, one of the nicest I have had, no one went hungry and they were more than happy to cater to our dietary requirement, I could not fault one thing, & the price was fantastic so would highly recommend booking your next work conference here

Visit was for: Business
Travelling group: Colleagues
Sascha10S...
“AmaZinG!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2010 for a stay in August 2010
person found this review helpful

We had 15 excited Females stay at Willow Tree for my Hens weekend.. What a Amazing time we alllll had!!! The estate is breath taking!!
Raylee is such a lovely lady and the best host ever! Breakfast was always ready for us and her hospitality was more than generous!
Leading up to our weekend getaway, she kept in close contact and answered any questions i had.
I will remember this weekend in my memories for ever and what fun we had. I couldnt have asked for a better hens weekend!
Thanks again Raylee
xx

Travelling group: Large Group/Tour
MarieKath...
Sydney
“Private and relaxing summerhouse, beautiful grounds”
Reviewed 13 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010

I stayed at the summerhouse on the willowtree estate property for two days. Raylee was incredibly welcoming and helpful, and the breakfast which was provided very healthy! I would highly recommend staying at the Summerhouse. It is freestanding on the property behind the main house and offers a private alternative to the traditional guest house experience. It had a great view over the grounds (down to where the kangaroos graze) from the bedroom area, and a nice view from the spa bath too. Very spacious and comfortable. Would highly recommend staying there if you are visiting wineries in the Hunter. Very romantic.

maryannea...
sydney
“The Ultimate Romantic Escape”
Reviewed 11 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010

My partner and I decided to plan a romantic escape to the Hunter Valley and came across Willow Tree Estate by chance on the internet. It seemed like the perfect hideaway to spend a few uninterrupted days and on such a beautiful property.

In actual fact, the photographs don't do the place any justice... the place is absolutely stunning and the Summerhouse Spa Suite is everything you could ask for and more! And there really are kangaroos just outside!

The hospitality at Willow Tree is second to none. Raylee was fabulous in attending to our needs (however big or small) and an absolute pleasure to deal with. It's been less than a week and we're already planning our return and refuse to stay anywhere else!

Thank you again for the perfect holiday - 5 stars!

See you again soon,
Maryanne & James

lozz06
?
“Willow Tree Estate – picturesque, romantic, peaceful and unique with welcoming staff, minus the huge price tag”
Reviewed 23 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010

My partner and I recently spent 3 days in The Hunter. It was our first visit and we were budget conscious (meaning more money to spend on food and wine!) as most places tipped the scales at $260-$350 p/n. We eventually chose the Monet Room (spa suite with king bed, part of the main guesthouse) for $250 p/n inc. brekky at Willow Tree Estate. We arrived to a beautiful estate surrounded by rolling hills of vines with a mountainous backdrop. We were instantly impressed by the warm greeting and the older but uniquely styled guesthouse (large cosy lounge with a fire place, DVD’s, clean and well presented breakfast room). Our room was clean, presentable and had everything we needed - a bottle of complimentary champagne, heating/cooling in both the room and bathroom, a small tv and a comfy bed but most importantly, a verandah looking out over the estates dam, vineyards and mountain range. The all you can eat fully inclusive continental breakfast was a perfect start offering a range of cereals, mueslis, yoghurts, nuts, cheeses, tea, coffee, juice, breads, muffins and crumpets.

The first night we tried ‘The Mill’ restaurant for dinner. The food and wine was incredible and we felt it catered for everyone with those little fancy touches. Prices were reasonable – not much more than pubs prices these days ($30 for a decent main meal, although smaller than pub size).

The second night we ordered a meat and cheese platter for two back at Willow Tree (after a day’s wine tour). The small but satisfying selection of meats, cheeses, nuts and crackers was more than enough to feed the both of us. Their other food options are limited but they are willing to cater for everyone’s needs.

The Willow Tree Estate staff were very helpful, respected our privacy but were very approachable and will happily recommend the local hot spots without being too in your face.

It’s in a great location towards the end of a quiet cul-de-sac (meaning no traffic/noise) and is close to countless cellar doors and restaurants with Blue Tongue Brewery only a 5 minute walk down the road.

We highly recommend Willow Tree for anyone wanting a quiet, value for money and memorable experience in The Hunter.

yw_chng
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing lodging, host and environment ;)”
Reviewed 20 August 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Cozy and inviting lodging situated in a peaceful and beautiful location. Imagine waking up in the morning, seeing greenery, breathing in fresh air, and... believe it or not... Kangeroos hopping around! Just like in your dreams. I swear I really thought I was dreaming... Raylee, the host was extremely friendly and helpful. My friend and I encountered some issues with our rented car, and without a doubt, she helped us in whatever she can. Close proximity to most of the attractions too! We definitely enjoyed our stay and will recommend to all our family and friends. All thumbs up!!!

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
AdrianBSy...
Sydney
“The best view in the Hunter Valley & so central!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010

I stayed with my girlfriend on the Fri/Sat night in the Summer House & we had the perfect weekend. Raylee knew all the best places to go & we had a really wonderful weekend away. We got in late on the Friday arvo & had one of her awesome home madepot pies & then headed out to the Bluetongue Brewery beer garden at the end of the street for a nightcap & then chatted with all the roos as we walked home. The Summer House was spacious & the spa was great! The view across the garden to the Brokenback Range is absolutely stunning & we think second only to the view from Audrey Wilkinson wines which was recommended to us by Raylee. We had a great time & will be back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing