“Excellent Restaurant.”

Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We dined here several years ago and always wanted ot return, so I made the reservation online about a month ago. Staff were very welcoming upon arrival and we knew we were going to have a great evening. Menu selections are great and cover all tastes. The food once again was divine. We even saved room for dessert, and that didn't dissapoint us either.
Excellent evening. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We went their for a mid week meal and overall, a pleasant and yummy experience. The food was nice enough but certainly didnt wow us but presented beautifully. My fish dish was slightly overcooked which was a shame but our desserts - a turkish delight terrine and caramel parfait bomb - were stand outs and the reason I gave the food 4 stars instead of 3. Absolutely delicious. Bit expensive at $100 per head (inc glass of wine and a beer) but a nice night out.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Went to this restaurant in July 2013 with a group of friends for dinner and it is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. The food was delicious and well presented, portion sizes were good and the desserts to die for - namely the Caramel Bomb. The wait staff were attentive without being overly so and we whiled away a good couple of hours with great atmosphere and wine.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I rarely write restaurant reviews, but thanks to a hotel recommendation we were luck enough to dine at Shakey Tables recently. This place is very special - a fun and relaxed environment with DELISH cuisine. My other half has unusual dietary requirements (GF and vego) and following a quick call from the hotel these were easily accommodated. My meal of a divine Lamb "posh pie", followed by an amazing salty caramel chocolate bomb for desert, was truly memorable.

Simon is an absolutely fabulous host and Paula is an exceptional chef (among her many talents - see artwork!). Simon's wine was also fantastic and as an added bonus we were able to purchase wine with our meal to go.

I cannot recommend Shakey Tables highly enough and thank Simon and Paula for a great night in the Hunter.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This place has it all, the ambiance, food, the decor, the wine list to die for...

I have eaten here at least half a dozen times over the years and it has never let me down.

It is hidden inside the Hunter Country Lodge, where you can also stay. I personally prefer to stay elsewhere, but if you want a cheaper alternative to stay overnight the lodge is fine.

It is not cheap and it is a select menu, so don't go there expecting a huge choice. What you can expect is a wonderful experience with great staff and simply beautiful food.

Book ahead, this place is very popular. One of the best places I have ever eaten at....