“A1 Steak.”

Hunter Valley Steak House
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Australian, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
moss vale
“A1 Steak.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Dined here 2 nights and the food was excellent. Probably the best cooked steak I have had, so good I had to have it 2 nights in a row just to see if it was a fluke, I was not disappointed. Maybe a bit expensive for some, but it is the Hunter Valley.

Visited April 2014

Melbourne, Australia
“Wouldn't come back”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to eat here at the last minute the night before my wedding. There were only two other tables in the restaurant that night yet service was quite slow. My friend had a tray of drinks spilt all down her back at the start of the meal so was all wet and sticky for the majority of the meal. My salmon was cooked perfectly. However everyone else's steaks were overcooked including one that was ordered blue and came out close to well done! Halfway through our mains we were asked if our desserts could be brought out then as the kitchen was closing. When I enquired about having my friend's meal removed from the bill after getting soaked I was made to feel like an idiot for even daring to ask for a discount, especially since they'd already removed THREE entire soft drinks from the bill. I've worked in food and beverage most of my life and even I knew that was a pathetic compensation. And I usually never ask for a discount or complain unless absolutely necessary. I wasn't expecting the entire bill to be free, just a little more would have been nice. They ended up taking 10% off the bill after I haggled a bit more and they continued to give me dirty looks.

Come here if you're after over cooked steak and have all the time in the world to sit around and wait.

1 Thank LushieT
Newcastle, Australia
“Awful food”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Called in for lunch on Saturday after checking out the menu on line and the when we got there the menu was completely different, I was asked how I liked my steak ( I said well done ) the food was delivered rare, the side dish of chorizo, kiphler potatoes and snap peas were dry and over cooked and the price was really expensive for the size of the serving. There was only us and another couple in the restaurant we wont be going back.

• Visited April 2014
Stockton, California
“A Bad Experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Big disappointment. This restaurant was highly recommended by friends. In all fairness, we just happened to hit a bad night. When we entered the restaurant there were only four other tables occupied. We ordered cocktails and the gave our order as the place was filling up. We waited and waited, and finally Sam, who couldn't have been nicer and more apologetic, came to our table and asked if we minded if the chef "butterflied" our steaks as they would cook faster! Excuse me!!! We had ordered tournedos medium rare which should cook maybe four minutes on each side.. I swear, another half hour and they arrived - medium well and way to thin to be a tournedo. The well known chef, Jean Marc Pollet, had to have been off that night. I sent mine back and waited another twenty minutes to receive a perfect steak, but my table companions had already finished their meal. Very unhappy.

1 Thank Baldur13
Perth, Australia
“Good food excellent location”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Very good, we had lunch here three days during our stay, meals were always good in size and very well presented, also Beers were cold and the atmosphere was very warm.