“Excellent food!!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Brilliant food with nice setting. Mashed potato was best I have ever had. Service was great. Food bit expensive but well worth the price.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We booked for the start of the dinner service at 6pm and were seated when we arrived a few minutes early. Our orders were taken promptly, although the waiter had to return to offer my wife an alternate starter because the figs were unavailable for her salad. As the place started to fill up it became apparent that the waiters (and likely the kitchen) were understaffed. My first course of tempura king prawns and vegetables with a trio of dipping sauces was quite lovely; my wife's alternate salad was good. After a longish delay, her eye fillet and my honey bourbon beef ribs were both quite nice. I liked the side of chorizo, potatoes and snap peas, although the potatoes were a little cold. We finally had to gesture at the wait staff to get our main plates cleared nearly three quarters of an hour after we were done. Our desserts were again pretty good, but by that time we were thoroughly impatient. As a final disappointment, the restaurant (in an upscale brand of a major international hotel chain) charged an undisclosed surcharge on my credit card.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Dined here 2 nights and the food was excellent. Probably the best cooked steak I have had, so good I had to have it 2 nights in a row just to see if it was a fluke, I was not disappointed. Maybe a bit expensive for some, but it is the Hunter Valley.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We decided to eat here at the last minute the night before my wedding. There were only two other tables in the restaurant that night yet service was quite slow. My friend had a tray of drinks spilt all down her back at the start of the meal so was all wet and sticky for the majority of the meal. My salmon was cooked perfectly. However everyone else's steaks were overcooked including one that was ordered blue and came out close to well done! Halfway through our mains we were asked if our desserts could be brought out then as the kitchen was closing. When I enquired about having my friend's meal removed from the bill after getting soaked I was made to feel like an idiot for even daring to ask for a discount, especially since they'd already removed THREE entire soft drinks from the bill. I've worked in food and beverage most of my life and even I knew that was a pathetic compensation. And I usually never ask for a discount or complain unless absolutely necessary. I wasn't expecting the entire bill to be free, just a little more would have been nice. They ended up taking 10% off the bill after I haggled a bit more and they continued to give me dirty looks.

Come here if you're after over cooked steak and have all the time in the world to sit around and wait.

1  Thank LushieT
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Called in for lunch on Saturday after checking out the menu on line and the when we got there the menu was completely different, I was asked how I liked my steak ( I said well done ) the food was delivered rare, the side dish of chorizo, kiphler potatoes and snap peas were dry and over cooked and the price was really expensive for the size of the serving. There was only us and another couple in the restaurant we wont be going back.