“The hotel staff told me that it was no longer called the Steak House”
Review of Hunter Valley Steak House - CLOSED

Hunter Valley Steak House
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel and enquired with the staff. They informed me that it used to be called the Hunter Valley Steak House, but now it's just the hotel's restaurant.

So we went to Amanda's

1  Thank digitium

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The wait staff in this restaurant did an adequate job and our meal arrived fairly promptly.The food however was not up to scratch.The salad i had for entree contained a large amount of old, tough rocket and not much of the other ingredients it pertained to have .My husband asked for his steak to be cooked rare and it was actually raw and cold inside.The vegetable sides were poor as well with there being 2 snap peas on mine.We dined at this restaurant because we were staying at the hotel and were under the impression that as being Advantage Plus members we would receive half price meals(as was guaranteed to us with our membership).You have to read the fine print at the bottom of the menu to discover that only the set menu has the 50%discount and the A-La-Carte has 10% off .This was not mentioned on arrival and people don't read every word on a menu.The set menu had a lesser cut of steak for a start.It appears advantage plus members are treated as an inconvenience at this restaurant.

1  Thank Belleferme
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I dined here and it was beautiful tasty food and good service was very impressed and would return again and again

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Brilliant food with nice setting. Mashed potato was best I have ever had. Service was great. Food bit expensive but well worth the price.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We booked for the start of the dinner service at 6pm and were seated when we arrived a few minutes early. Our orders were taken promptly, although the waiter had to return to offer my wife an alternate starter because the figs were unavailable for her salad. As the place started to fill up it became apparent that the waiters (and likely the kitchen) were understaffed. My first course of tempura king prawns and vegetables with a trio of dipping sauces was quite lovely; my wife's alternate salad was good. After a longish delay, her eye fillet and my honey bourbon beef ribs were both quite nice. I liked the side of chorizo, potatoes and snap peas, although the potatoes were a little cold. We finally had to gesture at the wait staff to get our main plates cleared nearly three quarters of an hour after we were done. Our desserts were again pretty good, but by that time we were thoroughly impatient. As a final disappointment, the restaurant (in an upscale brand of a major international hotel chain) charged an undisclosed surcharge on my credit card.