“great way to relax on a Saturday afternoon”
Review of Bluetongue Cafe - CLOSED

Bluetongue Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An authentic Italian dish always starts with the best flour, garden fresh tomatoes, and the best quality local produce. Then of course matched to a great wine. Sound simple ... We make all our own pasta and sauces from scratch , in the traditional Italian way. Our restaurant also features a glass fronted air-conditioned wine cellar where we have wines from all over the world including some rare vintage wines from local private cellars.
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very relaxing way to spend an afternnoon. Good beer, pizza and coffee.
Plenty of parking available.
Great place to visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My wife and I absolutely enjoy this rustic, fun brewery. The beer is great and the food is not too shabby as well. I highly recommend visiting here if staying the weekend in the Hunter Valley Gardens; include this in your itinerary.

1  Thank jamesanderson75
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I visited the brewery 2 years ago and liked it a lot so I was disappointed by my visit on 21 July 2013.

Beer tasted watered down and flat and $15 for the tasting paddle with 5 sub standard beers in nothing much more than a shot glass is too much ( I normally drink Asahi or coopers).

My $17 pepperoni pizza (cheapest pizza on the menu) was burnt and taste less. Domino's should really set up a shop next door and they would be killing it even if they were to charge slightly more than usual.

Food was expensive for the quality and portion given and I will not be visiting again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Visited this cafe/pub on 7th July as part of my Hunter Valley trip and must say this was the worst part of the trip.

Staff service at the bar was rude, ordered the flagship beer paddle but staff was annoyed when asked about the product.
Food was slow and atrocious, chicken mushroom pasta was tasteless and watery, pizza base was undercooked, crispy pork belly was not crispy but soggy and roast potatoes were undercooked.

Place like this really makes me feel like pouring my remainder 4 bottles of bluetongue beer down the drain so i don't have to be reminded how embarrassed i was to recommend this place to my friends.

Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We went here for an early dinner & I was a little cautious after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. The atmosphere was standard but the food (pizza & pork belly with pork & fennel sausages) was some of the best I have ever had. Definitely worth a visit ...Yum!