“Extremely Overpriced”
Review of Pokolbin Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pokolbin
Pokolbin Cabins
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed there for a weekend with friends, I expected alot more for the money the cabins were dated and not terribly clean.
Better options close by.
However management was helpful & friendly.

Kate

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Pokolbin Cabins are outrageously overpriced. We rented a 6 Bedroom Cabin for 2 Nights
with 10 Adults and 2 Children on the 1st Night and 6 Adults and 2 Children on the 2nd Night.
We paid $900.00 per Night. The Cabin was Old, Run Down, Filthy and well below the
minimum standard for Quality Accommodation. Manager was Rude and Boorish, On
arrival he informed me that he had not cleaned out the Fireplace but I could do that. When I dared question him about the Rates he just said if you don't like it then just go somewhere else. This was the best advice I received all weekend. This place is a REAL DOG.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank tarnamyrtle
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Set on a huge property right in the heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Region, Pokolbin Cabins is an absolute gem... The staff were very friendly and accomodating and gave us the space to enjoy a "pleasant" bucks weekend... The cabin facilities were perfect with plenty of space, bbqs, and large deck area and outdoor seating for all... Definately recommend it for a large group...

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We have been booking with Pokolbin Cabins for a quite a while now and I must say that over the whole duration, both the cabins and the service have been above par. Thankyou so much Cathy for such a wonderful experience !

The cabins are clean and spacious in a beautiful location, with lots of trees and grass giving it a relaxing atmosphere, we were surprisingly comfortable for the duration of our stay and my colleagues and I were amazed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.
Will definitely continue to book here in the future, couldnt have asked for more !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Thank you Cathy for your wonderful place - God's Retreat!

The perfect place to write a best seller with the sound of nature providing a perfect writing retreat. The cabin was lovely and thankyou for allowing me to stick things up everywhere! I made it my own for the week and really appreciate your kindness and warm welcome and not bothering me ...lol

Loved the fire and the red wine you provided (i think my writing improved)...

I will be back and will bring the troop too!

I think we will take the biggest cabin! Thankyou for showing me the other cabins, I could simply live there for ever!

A big thankyou will go in the book too!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Location was great, a lot of space surrounding the cabin and lots of wild kangaroos. Our cabin was below average, the balcony area was dirty and the bbq did not work and was filthy into the bargain. We had to wait on it being repaired before we cooked! The cabin itself had a lot of dead moths lying around, and dirty in general. The rooms were tiny and the double beds were like a large singles, there was no wardrobes either just a couple of hooks on the wall. The tv worked although we had such a bad reception is wasn't worth having one!. The cd player did not work either, surprise surprise! Definately would not recommend this accommodation, awful!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank LP01
Reviewed 18 July 2010

I spent a long weekend here with my family and found the accomodation basic but comfortable. However, there were a number of niggles that made the stay less enjoyable than it could have been. Firstly the bloke that runs the place was outright rude and he has no place running anything to do with a service industry. He has obviously taken tips from Basil Faulty.

Then there was the broken fire guard, the broken cd player and worst of all, the leaving sewage meaning that the grass in front of the cabin was awash with grotty water and toilet paper. I wonder what a health inspector would make of it? We didn't bother complaining about it in the end as it would have fallen on deaf ears.

However, the location is good, close to a few wineries and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family