“A dream Hunter getaway- best location, food and wine!”
Review of Windsors Edge

Windsors Edge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pokolbin
Windsors Edge
Reviewed 1 November 2010

A beautiful place to stay! Our cottage was very roomy and even nicer than pictures on the website. We found the beds to be very comfy (and we have a pillow top at home). We went away with another couple, and we were all thrilled with the location (set amongst some of the Hunters finest vineyards). We loved the cheese platter and port on arrival!
Tim and Jessie Windsor were very welcoming and attentive, and had even organised a bus pick up at the door for the fabulous Opera in the Vineyards concert.
Sunday was lunch at Amanda's and a comprehensive wine tasting of the Windsor's wine. The food and view over the vines was sensational and capped off a fabulous long weekend! I highly recommend the Cabernet Sauvignon and the desert wine- yum!
Can't wait to go back!
Thanks again Tim and Jessie

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 November 2010

These cottages are in a lovely secluded part of the property and also within a short work to a beautiful restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have stayed at the Windsor's Edge Cottages a couple of times now over the last few years and will have no hesitation in booking there again on my next trip to the Hunter. From the cheese plate & port waiting for us on arrival to the wonderfully comfortable beds, we could not have asked for more. My 1st stay was for a concert & the 2nd for a golf trip so the close proximinity to Bimbadgen Estate & The Vintage respectively made the location perfect for us. Our hosts, Tim & Jessie, are very welcoming and make everything easy from the initial enquiry to check out.
I have, & will continue, to recommend Windsor's Edge to family & friends who are headed to the Hunter.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2010

having now stayed at windsors edge now 3 times in the past year, one of which was my honeymoon, i have to say i love this place. my husband and i have now taken back family on one occasion and this last time, friends. the homestead i have to say is my absolute favourite.. and having amandas on the edge restaurant 400 metres from the cottages and homestead this makes for a lovley night out. not having to plan a designated driver or taxi is a bonus, especially as the hunter is all about drinking wine.
windsors edge also has a cellar door, they make their own wine, which is great. my fav is Jessies sparkling and the Cab sav.
i would and do recommend this place to everyone i know heading up there. it is my favourite place in the hunter.
the owners are lovley people and give a great family feel to the place and they are very welcoming.
definatley look into this one

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Having eaten at "Amanda's on the Edge" (the onsite restaurant) and experiencing fantastic service there a while back we thought the accomodation and service would be comparable and booked. The accomodation is lovely, very clean, private and quiet. The furnishing were high quality and the kitchen was fully stocked. Unfortunately we were a very disappointed with many aspects of our experience however:

1. The mattresses in both rooms are so hard we slept a total of 6 hours both evenings. It got so bad I reverted to the couch at 4am so I could salvage what little time I had left to sleep.

2. On our first night our spa did not work at all. The next day it was fixed promptly however we had paid for a spa villa and received no remuneration for this.

3. On our second night we experienced the worst part of this trip. Firstly the fire wood provided was not sufficient for two nights and when we asked about this we were told to take our basket up the hill to the house, knock on the door and load some ourselves from the ute in the driveway....are we paying guests or visiting friends???

4. On our second night the toilet backed up and our cottage stunk of raw sewrage. The owners had left the property for the weekend and had provided no out of hours contact details for emergencies. For this reason we slept with towels under the bedroom door to hide the stench and eventually resorted to going to the bathroom outside when we could no longer hold it.

5. The onsite restaurant is now highway robbery. $21 for a salad of cut tomatoes, basil and 4 balls of bococinii cheese with no dressing, salt or pepper.

When we told the receptionist about this we received no "Sorry" just a "I will let the owners know"

I did contact the owners explaining our experience and they were very apologetic and had no been informed by the receptionist, however the remuneration they offered was a few bottles of the wine they make onsite. After such a disgraceful experience and lacking the spa we paid for and the simple amenity of using a toilet in our $200 a night room I do not feel this even counts as a true apology.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple