“fresh and delicious!”

Goldfish Bar & Kitchen
Reserve with
Goldfish Bar & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: US$13 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, Pizza, Mediterranean, Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Goldfish Bar & Kitchen is located at one of the Hunter's most iconic winery complexes - Roche Estate, Goldfish Bar & Kitchen, Hunter Valley provides an international Pizza & food menu coupled with an exclusive beverage offering, including an award-winning cocktail list and new and old world wines.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Date night at Goldfish 10 out of 10!
Great food, service and beverage selection!
We had the scallops with chorizo popcorn....taste sensation in your mouth!
To follow we tried the pork cutlet and gnocchi which were so delicious and tasty
you could tell a lot of love and much skill were involved! Yum!
Waitress very attentive and knowledgeable, will definately return!

1 Thank james d

Sydney, Australia
“Great Little Bar in the Hunter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Went in to see the Live Singer Kelly Hope for Sunday Sessions and was surprised to see the cool fitout and professional service behind the bar. Had a cocktail called Rascal Mule with bourbon, passionfruit and ginger beer after chatting with the bartender and hearing their specialties, then tried a chorizo pizza which was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. Great to just be able to sit up at the bar, have an amazing pizza and watch a live singer in sophisticated surroundings in the Hunter. Will be back for more.

Merimbula, Australia
“Barra cooked to perfection and service was great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Was reluctant to order the barra following review below but did and it was cooked to perfection. No problem with service either.

Murwillumbah, Australia
“Undercooked Food bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

If you like undercooked fish and extremely bad service than this is the restaurant for you!!! One hour to cook a small piece of barramundi took over an hour to cook then found out that it was only half cooked. Asked for my money back and all we got was this is how you cook fish. But if you wanted to give it back then they would be happy to refund. The Manager needs to go back to school as in my day the customer is always right. This restaurant is of the lowest in my opinion would not go THIER again.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Theo V
GoldfishHV, General Manager at Goldfish Bar & Kitchen, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
G’day
Thank you for your comments about your dining experience on the 20th March. I have spoken to my staff working on the night and have ascertained that the way some things were handled could have been better and more guidance to my trainee managers will be done but as you have stated your group was 40 people and when we took your booking it was for a group of 20 guests. Our events coordinator sent through set menu options for group bookings as we do for all groups of over 10 guests to ensure that we can provide the best service and prompt food delivery. The reply stated that the group would be coming in for drinks only and perhaps a few pizzas.
In my extensive experience in the hospitality industry I have never known a restaurant that would take a booking for a casual drinking party and then have double the anticipated head count turn up and expect to order a la carte and be received with open arms. Our food is prepared to order and fresh unlike other fast food restaurants and clubs who cater for mass produced, fast-paced food delivery for greater volumes of diners (they also in catering for these demands have much higher staffing rates).
I have spoken to the head chef and he assures me that your fish was cooked to the highest standard and not overcooked as barramundi can get very dry like you would get in your local fish and chip shop. When the manager was trying to offer to have the fish cooked more he was shooed away from the table.
I apologise for what may have seemed like a long wait time and reiterate that for groups of this size, we prefer to have a set menu or pre-order to avoid these wait times. After speaking with my staff, I feel that they handled the dissatisfaction the best way possible on a busy night and situations like this serve as a learning experience and development. The staff and trainee manager on duty have been briefed on how they may better handle a difficult situation in the future, although we are hoping they will not have to.
I would love to know what I can do to make this right and get you back.
Ronnie Stricke
GM
02 49987688
Sydney, Australia
“Fun concept, delicious food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Loved the concept - resembles a funky urban bar which obviously remains unique in the Hunter.
Food was delish - gorgeous flavour combinations and decent portions.
Our favourite was the terrine, YUM.
Food on the pricey side but I don't mind paying for good food.
Service friendly, decor is fab, wondering how it performs on a busy night as we were the only ones in for lunch when we went.
Thanks Goldfish, see you again!

• Visited November 2013