“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Cuvee

Restaurant Cuvee
Ranked #17 of 73 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Part of the vineyard Peterson's Champagne House
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was with a group and we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Cuvee.

The food was excellent... big meals with plenty of taste. Everyone was very pleased with their food.

The staff were very friendly and polite. The food was taking a while and they came out and apologised and offered us a round of drinks. To be honest, we didn't even think the food was slow so there probably wasn't much need for the round of drinks.

The wine was excellent and the staff knew about the wines.

I would recommend a visit to experience the wine, the great food and the beautiful outlook all at a reasonable price.

I will go back for sure.

• Visited November 2013

Rome, Italy
“Champagne Breakfast, perfect end to a weekend in the Hunter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Staff were friendly, service was great. Food was great! We had the bubbly breakfast, which consists of mushrooms, potato rosti, 2 poached eggs, on delicious bread with lots of bacon spinach, tomatoes etc etc, I asked for a side of avocado which isn't on the menu but I love me some avocado and it went perfectly with this breakfast. I had the blushing pink champagne, much better than having orange juice for breakfast. We sat by the window which looked over the vines....it was definitely a good hearty breakfast perfect to begin if you will be tasting wines all day, but also perfect if you've been tasting wines all day the day before and have a hungry hangover. They have a vineyard so you can also do wine and champagne tastings there. The building is nice, and overall would definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013
“Excellent food and wine but shocking service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

After being seated and having menus bought out, the waitress appeared pushy to take our order and asked us about five times in five minutes if we were ready. On a whim, I ordered the roasted lamb and my partner ordered the steak (cooked rare). After finishing our first round of drinks, I attempted multiple times to make eye contact with a waitress to order some more. We ended up waiting in excess of 45 minutes for our main course and when they finally arrived I asked for more drinks (which eventually came out when we were finished main course). My meal arrived with a long dark hair in it but by this point could not be bothered saying anything, given how long we had already waited. The table next to us ordered the lamb also and was told (by our waitress) that it took a while to cooked as it was baked in the oven which would have been nice to know prior to ordering. On completion of mains, we asked to see a dessert menu which never arrived, nor were we asked if we would like more drinks.

The service was a real shame as (despite the hair...) the food was fantastic. At such a highly thought of establishment, I expected the staff to be well trained but it not live up to our expectations.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank emilyfromsydney
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Fantastic place for a reception. Very obliging staff. Nice and large (we catered for 100 guests very comfortably).

Visited October 2013
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were a group of 14 for champagne brunch, 4 of us with food challenges such as allergies and intolerances.
The staff were very accommodating and ensured that our meals were modified accordingly, it was no trouble for them to check with the kitchen and come back.

The food was lovely, very generous serves with a good variety to choose from, the pink bubbly was perfect for brunch with a hint of sweetness.
Our meals all arrived together, however a few coffees did not arrive after the meal as requested but due to the bubbles we had forgotten all about them!
I have no hesitation in recommending.

• Visited October 2013