“FABULOUS”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of the vineyard Peterson's Champagne House
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I recently visited the Cuvee Restaurant at Peterson House Pokolbin. All meals served were faultless. In fact magnificent. Staff were terrific. Thoroughly recommend a long lunch here when visiting the Vineyards.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a nice relaxing drive up from Sydney for a weekend in the Hunter Valley My Wife and I decided to stop in for a quick coffee at Petersons. From the exterior of the property the buildings and grounds looked very inviting and on entry to the restaurant my wife and I were greeted by a very pleasant male waiter who after asking if we would be having lunch or just a coffee, we replied just coffee thanks he then gave us directions out to the deck.
On proceeding out to the deck my wife was intercepted by a waiter saying in a demeaning tone can I help you, she replied I would like to know how to get out to the deck, ITS NOT THAT HARD, and told her how to get to the rear deck, he then whilst i was not there approached my wife with attitude saying thats why we put signs up.
He made my feel quite belittled. The waiter with the sarcastic rude attitude uses the name Stuart and until Peterson's lets me know he has been relieved of his duties and no longer represents there restaurant we will not go back and if after reading this review, you have still go please ensure you do not get the waiter Stuart
On a positive note the coffee and the chocolate served by the waiter that greeted us on arrival was pleasant

5  Thank Glenn N
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After several delightful meals over a four year period, we have been let down. To be fair, the entrees were excellent and the Bruschetta deserves a special mention. But it was all down hill from there. The steaks were very tough and lacked any redeeming flavour. The barramundi was left with a soggy skin although the accompanying salads were quite good.
The drink service was poor due to an apparent lack of staff.
Very sadly, we are unable to recommend this restaurant as we have on many previous visits.

4  Thank Oscar371
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The cappuccino was flat with no froth - bad start to the breakfast, though admittedly the complimentary canapé of muesli was an original touch. The breakfast was greasy and your ordinary fair, nothing to make a special trip for. The service was a little on the longer wait side but the views were nice. Overall, underwhelming.

3  Thank Jag G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The food here is fabulous, visited for breakfast and had the banana pancakes but couldn't eat them all.

1  Thank Chris4201