“Fantastic Food”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Part of the vineyard Peterson's Champagne House
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had the most beautiful lunch at Petersons. The food was devine. I ordered the Chicken with Spinach Pasta and my Fiance' had the Pumpkin Pasta. We were both very pleased with the food and the service.
My only complaint is that the cafe blinds were not open, despite it being a beautiful day! Also, there was an engagement party luncheon behind us of about 25 people, perhaps you should have a closed dining option for groups that large, it got noisy at times.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Cuvee

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked a table for 11 people and a high chair. We got there and 11 people and high chair was clairfied but the table only had 10 chairs and a high chair, fortunately the 11th person didn't come.
The menu was limited with 2 out of five main dishes having chilli. The menu needed more options particularly more conventional dishes for those who aren't adventurous. I am willing to try new things but even I struggled with what was on the menu. The meals we chose though were lovely and we enjoyed them, but they weren't anything to rave about.

The service was dreadful, from a question about a variation on an entree that was asked at time orders were taken, not being informed that they couldn't have it until after everyone had finished their entrees, and this was only after we followed up on it. They apologised upon prompting saying they had been busy. This is not somethig that takes a back seat but something the guest should have been informed of ASAP. Rwo small breadrolls with vinegar, oil etc was $8, but would have cost them pennies.

Two Chai lattes ordered, one with soy one without, but just dumped on table to go check which was which, instead of knowing when they were brought out. One guest ordered a dessert wine with the meal and were fully aware it was, but the waitress (same who made excuse about too busy to come and advise of entree option) was quite snotty in how she informed them it was!

1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family and I recently visited the Cuvee Restaurant at Peterson House Pokolbin. All meals served were faultless. In fact magnificent. Staff were terrific. Thoroughly recommend a long lunch here when visiting the Vineyards.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a nice relaxing drive up from Sydney for a weekend in the Hunter Valley My Wife and I decided to stop in for a quick coffee at Petersons. From the exterior of the property the buildings and grounds looked very inviting and on entry to the restaurant my wife and I were greeted by a very pleasant male waiter who after asking if we would be having lunch or just a coffee, we replied just coffee thanks he then gave us directions out to the deck.
On proceeding out to the deck my wife was intercepted by a waiter saying in a demeaning tone can I help you, she replied I would like to know how to get out to the deck, ITS NOT THAT HARD, and told her how to get to the rear deck, he then whilst i was not there approached my wife with attitude saying thats why we put signs up.
He made my feel quite belittled. The waiter with the sarcastic rude attitude uses the name Stuart and until Peterson's lets me know he has been relieved of his duties and no longer represents there restaurant we will not go back and if after reading this review, you have still go please ensure you do not get the waiter Stuart
On a positive note the coffee and the chocolate served by the waiter that greeted us on arrival was pleasant

5  Thank Glenn N
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After several delightful meals over a four year period, we have been let down. To be fair, the entrees were excellent and the Bruschetta deserves a special mention. But it was all down hill from there. The steaks were very tough and lacked any redeeming flavour. The barramundi was left with a soggy skin although the accompanying salads were quite good.
The drink service was poor due to an apparent lack of staff.
Very sadly, we are unable to recommend this restaurant as we have on many previous visits.

4  Thank Oscar371