“Great little cheese shop!”
Review of Binnorie Dairy

Binnorie Dairy
Ranked #3 of 11 Shopping in Pokolbin
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I love me some cheese, and normally would go to the shop next to McGuigans, as it is in a convenient location, but this place is worth the drive out to Mistletoe Lane via Hermiatage Rd.
Do sample as much as you can first, as you will be suprised at how good everthing is!
On this occassion we ended up walking away with the marinated fetta (cow, although the goat is amazing too!), the ash chevre, the labna (wow, it should be a sin, that's how good it is!) and the fromage frais. We held ourselves back from the vintage cheddar and the brie, both of which are absolutely wonderful, so will have to grab them next time! Highly recommend Binnorie!

1  Thank Ray B

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Good variety of local cheeses. I would recommend the goat cheese. Location is an asset being next to the Brokenback bar, Mill Restaurant, and Arrowfield Wines.

2  Thank johndborg
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I lived in the Hunter my entire life and during this time l have always recommended Binnorie Dairy. I have recommended Binnorie Dairy over several other gourmet producers, some of which are 100% local producers and quite competitive.

I visited Binnorie Dairy recently to stock up for New Years Eve, l was greeted with a frown and a final "well, what do you want!?" I had been in the shop for no more than three minutes. I felt as if l was a nuisance.

I have never experienced such awful customer service. It is unfortunate that a business so reliant upon good, friendly service, be so obnoxious in their delivery.

Yes, the cheese is delicious and the best in the Hunter, however if this particular person continues to treat customers with such disregard, l fear for Binnorie Dairy's reputation.
Please inject the passion that is obvious in your cheese-making, into your customer service.

3  Thank Ellen F
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Walked into the shop and smiled at the old lady behind the counter, said hello, and not a smile back. Great first impression from a place that could do with more customers buying their product. We were the only ones there and tried to get her motivated by taking an interest in her products and all she did was give very brief answers. Seemed reluctant to offer tasting of her cheeses...another person came in and obviously she knew him as she said "hope that you're here to BUY". The smelly cheese shop has 50x more selection and the service there is top grade...actually promoting their products and encouraging you to try!

1  Thank Danny G
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We visited this dairy to try their cheeses and had a fabulous tasting experience. We were led through their whole range and this helped us decide which ones we wanted to buy. Loved their fetta's !