1,381 results
All reviewsgolf courseplaying golfthe golden door spabedroom apartmentcourtesy busbeautiful resortbuffet breakfastgirls weekendfull kitchentennis courtsanother couplerecommend this resortlong weekendself containedgreat weekendmid weekwine country
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My husband & I had 5 fantastic nights, a wonderful relaxing time being thoroughly spoilt by very caring staff who couldn't do enough to ensure we enjoyed our stay.
I have since booked another two long weekends in 2011, taking different people with me each time as I want them also to experience heaven on earth.
Although set in a golf course you don't have to play the game to enjoy the surrounds as there is so much else to do and see.
A must do is visit the Golden Door Spa within the resort for the best pamper session you will ever get as well as views to die for.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Cypress Lakes. Not only is it a very relaxing experience as the rooms are incredibly generous in size and very well maintained with amazing views,the service is of a high standard and nothing is too much trouble.
Also the location is perfect for all that is available to you in the Hunter Valley.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We were up in the Hunter Valley for Day on the Green with Inxs, Baby Animals & Train - so it was a very busy weekend and I cannot fault Cypress Lakes, their staff or their property.

I have read some reviews and am not sure if we had a newly refurbished villa, but our whole villa was very fresh and new looking, great wicker outdoor setting with the most magnificent views.

The breakfast was amazing, yes a little cold in places, but beyond that the huge range and choices were great and quality of food was definitely worth the visit. My only suggestion would be to include the capaccinos and latte's in the price of the breakfast. I personally do not drink coffee, but did notice people paying a couple of dollars for a 'trendy' coffee.

My review is only of praise, room service was very prompt, piping hot and just great quality. Pricey, but when it is of high standards it is worth the cost - but aren't all room service menu's pricey at 4-5 star properties.

Staff at reception were all friendly and attentive.

Thanks, will return again and again, love it and what a beautiful property.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa which had no hot water and the townhouse was old and unkept - old soft furnishings, old TV, not enough crockery etc., walls where cracking and needed painting... We then waited most of the following day for 2 x 2 bedroom villas to be ready - finally got access to them at 4:30pm - so spent most of the day with our bags packed and waiting to be moved. The lock on one of the baloncy doors of the 2 bedroom villa was broken - with direct access from the road; not secure at all. Staff didn't really seem to care. Booked the shuttle bus which didn't turn up so we were late for a dinner reservation. Left a phone charger in the original room and notified the front desk who forgot to check the room for it and then called us to say they had found it after we had checked out. Keys to townhouses didn't work, no towels at the swimming pools. The list goes on. We were paying top dollor for what's supposed to be a 5 star resort - I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank theryans69
Reviewed 26 February 2011

So a group of mates and I decided to stay at Cypress Lakes Resort for 2 nights to have a nice relaxing weekend and check out some of the winery's.

There was 6 of us so we requested a 3 bed villa with 6 single beds. Upon arrival we discover that there are 4 single beds and 1 Queen, despite the request being made for 6 single beds during the booking process. One of the guys therefore had to sleep on a roll away bed which was missing a wheel and was so uncomfortable he had to sleep on the couch.

We took some food to sit down and have a few drinks etc but there wasn't enough crockery in the room so we had to call reception to bring up plates. Why would a villa that accommodates 6 people not even have 6 table settings?

Sitting out on the rear balcony was lovely, aside from the fact that the balcony and table and chairs were all horrendously sun bleached and desperately required oiling, not to mention the cracked and lifting wooden floor on the balcony that felt as though it could give way at any moment.

In the morning we woke to a mouse that was stuck in between the curtain and the lining. 2 dining room chairs also fell apart that morning.

Called reception to report the issues and asked them to take away the useless roll away bed, chairs were replaced and apparently someone was bringing mouse traps. Never saw one. Roll away bed remained outside the entire time and is probably still outside the villa now.

Breakfast. Another debacle. The food wasn't hot, at all. I ordered a Skim Latte and was presented with a Flat White. The waitress then told me it was the same thing and walked off.

We asked for fresh towels from house keeping. They were thrown outside the front door in a blue bag. They looked like trash that was waiting to be collected.

The place wasn't clean. The clearers need a good lesson on how to actually clean.

Shame really, because it was a nice location and setting, but the place has fallen to rack and ruin.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends