Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Golden Door Health Retreat & Spa Elysia(Pokolbin)
The Guest House(Pokolbin)
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
1,257 results
All reviewsgolf coursebodega restaurantplay golfthe golden door spabedroom apartmentcourtesy busbuffet breakfastgirls weekendgreat resortfull kitchentennis courtslong weekendself containedgroup of friendstwo couplesgreat weekendmid week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here as a group of 5 single ladies, beds were separated in each of the 3 rooms, which was great. Facilities were also of a high standard in the rooms and the area was quiet. Included breakfast was also top notch.

The problem we had was that some months before when booking the room, I contacted the Hotel about requesting a later checkout of noon. I was advised this was possible and to request check-in staff upon arrival of the request and they would put the room last on the cleaning list. I was also advised that after noon there was a charge of $30 per hour, which was absolutely fine. When I arrived the check-in staff also agreed it would be fine, however the cleaning roster isn't manifested until the day of check-out, so to ask the Duty Manager at breakfast of the request. I did this the following morning and was advised in a passive/aggressive manner that I was mistaken and not advised, and was refused the request. I advised the DM of the prior phone call and check-in advice and was again told I was wrong. The main reason for my stay was for my wedding make-up and hair trial for myself and bridesmaids, as well as to check out if the accommodation would be appropriate for wedding guests and family. I was unsure f the make-up lady would be finished by normal check-out time (11am) hence the request.
In the end the DM said we could only take until 11:30 to check-out (I'm not sure why noon would have been such a dilemma given the 30 min difference).
Then to top things off we were coincidentally finished by 11am and then had to wait 20 minutes to check out as 4 people were checking in - couldn't believe that as 11am was check out time and they were prioritising that over the check-out rooms after the comments I got from the DM. Very disappointing for such nice accommodation - really left an image given the usual high standards from Grand Mercure.
I can't say I'm going to recommend my family and guests to stay here for the wedding given the DM's manner.

Room Tip: Bring a car as the resort is spread out too far to walk from room to breakfast/reception area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank platos3333
Reviewed 19 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed for a weekend with another couple in one of the two bedroom villas up on top of the hill. No matches for the fire or bottle opener in the kitchen, but a call to reception soon had the missing items delivered to our door. The bathroom was a bit tired looking, & had the worst hot water system that we have ever encountered in our travels, which was disappointing.
Buffet breakfast was down in the main complex at the bottom of the hill so we chose to drive ourselves down rather than call for the shuttle bus. We did use the free shuttle bus once, and it arrived promptly.
Good value for money, our breakfast was included in the rate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top of the hill are a long way from reception- you will need to drive or call the shuttle to use the resorts facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends