We stayed here as part of a last minute, mid-week Wotif deal and what we got for the price was brilliant. For less than $120 per night we stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom villa (we'd booked a 1 bedroom villa) complete with balcony and lovely views across the countryside. The resort was great; good location, 3 swimming pools, golf course and tennis court. If you visit in summer head straight to the Lagoon pool (unheated) as it's large and usually empty (or practically empty). The whole resort was very peaceful and perfect for a relaxing break.
If you are travelling with family/friends and intending to cook for yourself, take dishwasher tablets. The apartments have dishwashers but no tablets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HUNTER VALLEY ACCOMMODATION BY OAKS HOTELS Located in the beautiful wine district of the Hunter Valley, Oaks Cypress Lakes is a 25 acre premier resort providing Hunter Valley accommodation. Over $20m recent capital investment in this rural resort that includes 200 Villas, two restaurants and two bars, over 1500sqm of exceptional Meeting, Conference and Event facilities and a 6,487 meter par 72 18-hole championship golf course ranked among the top resort courses in Australia. The Hunter Valley is only two hours from Sydney. Scenic drives past endless rows of gnarly vines are a given, so are grazing cattle and mobs of kangaroos, and everything from tutored wine-tastings and boutique brews to cooking classes, festivals, award-winning restaurants and hot-air balloon flights. Choose from a range of picture perfect Hunter Valley accommodation options to suit your needs at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Oaks Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia