We had a girls weekend for a concert at Hope Estate and were very unimpressed.have stayed at other hotels in the area, but due to concert those were all booked out. Service at dinner on Friday night was poor, food was good though. We were served a bottle of wine, the waiter didn't even open the bottle, let alone pour us a glass.
One of our beds had hair of different lengths in the sheets. Fresh linen was bought to us when we contacted reception.
My overall impression that this place and very tired and quite run down and staff are slacking in their jobs. ( as we were told by a staff member that we weren't the only room to complain about dirty bed linen that night)
The other thing that was a turn off was the fact that I had to pay $150 incidentals fee at check in, but then was told on check out that the money would be put back in my account within 5-7 days. Never had I experienced this before, surely taking a cc imprint would be suffice, not actually taking the money and holding for a week, especially considering that the room was paid in full more than 6 weeks previous to the stay.
The room rate was doubled due to the event that was on in the area that weekend, which is ok, but I just think if your willing to charge more, be willing to give good service!
Plenty of other lovely places to stay in the Hunter Valley, that I will not return or recommend to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HUNTER VALLEY ACCOMMODATION BY OAKS HOTELS Located in the beautiful wine district of the Hunter Valley, Oaks Cypress Lakes is a 25 acre premier resort providing Hunter Valley accommodation. Over $20m recent capital investment in this rural resort that includes 200 Villas, two restaurants and two bars, over 1500sqm of exceptional Meeting, Conference and Event facilities and a 6,487 meter par 72 18-hole championship golf course ranked among the top resort courses in Australia. The Hunter Valley is only two hours from Sydney. Scenic drives past endless rows of gnarly vines are a given, so are grazing cattle and mobs of kangaroos, and everything from tutored wine-tastings and boutique brews to cooking classes, festivals, award-winning restaurants and hot-air balloon flights. Choose from a range of picture perfect Hunter Valley accommodation options to suit your needs at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia