I stayed in a 3 bedroom villa on the property as part of a large group booking. Our villa had 2 rooms with 2 single beds (share bathroom) and one room with a queen bed and ensuite.
Whilst the accomodations was lovely I had a few gripes.
1. Lack of towels. Why would you only put 3 towels in a bathroom that is mean to have 4 people share. There was also only 2 face washers and one hand towel. I heard there was a similar problem in one of the other villas - but they had extra towels in their ensuite...? Strange.
2. The single bed in my room was like really hard. However, I switched rooms on the final night of my stay to another single bed and it was fine. It felt like the first one had no padding on top.
However, the villa itself was lovely. The surroundings are gorgous. If you are staying at the resort and need to be in the convention area continuously, ask for a villa close by, within walking distance as the first one I stayed at was a very long walk away. Ended up driving backwards and forwards constantly.
Breakfast was included and was quite good. Standard buffet style. Eggs were warm which was good. i always find eggs buffet style to always be luke warm.
All up, I would stay again, but ensure that I get more towels, a comfy bed and a villa close by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HUNTER VALLEY ACCOMMODATION BY OAKS HOTELS Located in the beautiful wine district of the Hunter Valley, Oaks Cypress Lakes is a 25 acre premier resort providing Hunter Valley accommodation. Over $20m recent capital investment in this rural resort that includes 200 Villas, two restaurants and two bars, over 1500sqm of exceptional Meeting, Conference and Event facilities and a 6,487 meter par 72 18-hole championship golf course ranked among the top resort courses in Australia. The Hunter Valley is only two hours from Sydney. Scenic drives past endless rows of gnarly vines are a given, so are grazing cattle and mobs of kangaroos, and everything from tutored wine-tastings and boutique brews to cooking classes, festivals, award-winning restaurants and hot-air balloon flights. Choose from a range of picture perfect Hunter Valley accommodation options to suit your needs at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Oaks Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Lakes Hotel Pokolbin
- Cypress Lakes Pokolbin
- Cypress Lake Resort
- Cypress Lakes Resort
- Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia