1,381 results
All reviewsgolf courseplaying golfthe golden door spabedroom apartmentcourtesy busbeautiful resortbuffet breakfastgirls weekendfull kitchentennis courtsanother couplerecommend this resortlong weekendself containedgreat weekendmid weekwine country
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We stayed here for a family birthday. The property is ideally positioned in the heart of Pokolbin.
The 2 bedroom villas are tired and in need of replacement crockery and glassware.
Our deal included breakfast which was outstanding. We were lucky enough enough to have a table overlooking the lake and it was splendid.
The place is blowing a bit of smoke, but we had a deal, so it was not too expensive.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I've stayed at Cypress Lakes a few times now, and every time the staff have been absolutely top notch, the rooms are dating now, but are quite satisfactory in the cleanliness department. This resort is listed as 5 star, I would personally place it at a 4 star. The lounges were old and worn, the main guest room just had two single beds pushed together and the TV's have exceptionally bad reception and are absolutely tiny. The outdoor balcony areas aren't kept in good condition and the furniture is falling apart and covered in cobwebs, If one is paying $300 plus a night, one might expect at least a decent TV. The resort was under renovation when we arrived, something we weren't told about when we booked, only one pool was available and it was icy cold. The resort has done it's best to ensure guests aren't put out too much and the breakfasts were pretty decent, served in a make shift restaurant near the conference rooms, the meals were also very nice, but expensive. It is a large resort and unless you are in a villa close to the club house you will need to drive to breakfast each morning. Overall we had an excellent time and the staff were helpful to the point where I thought they could read our minds! It's a relaxed atmosphere and I'm sure when the renovations are complete it will be even more beautiful than before. I wouldn't pay over $200 a night to stay here, but it's pleasant enough and my kids loved it!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Despite mixed reviews about the buffet breakfast, we booked a two bedroom villa with breakfast included. We got given a villa which was relatively close to the main reception area, with a steep decline from the parking to the front door and the back of the villa facing some bushes. The villa was very spacey and clean, and because the villa backed onto bushes, it was very quiet at night, resulting in a peaceful sleep.

Buffet breakfast was fantastic! There was an option of sitting inside or outside; we opted to sit outside overlooking the pool area for the sun. There were ample options to choose from - each were on it's own table in different areas of the event function room. Food was incredibly delicious and they never once ran out - when supplies dwindled, the food would be replenished very quickly. Tea and coffee were served by a waiter/waitress periodically - they seem to know when you're nearly finished!

Location was very good as it didn't take us long to get to any of the wineries or attractions that Hunter Valley likes to boasts.

We booked this place at the last minute and were very lucky to have secured the two bedroom villa with breakfast included. I would definately stay here again if we were to travel to the Hunter Valley in the near future as a group.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MimBonWill
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This is a 3-4 star,set of self serviced apartments with a decent pool and a nice golf course. All food related element are very disappointing so best to eat offsite if you go here.

Cypress Lakes is a beautiful setting with a rolling green golf course which makes it all the more sad to have to point out their faults which made it far from 5 star. However, if they are going to tout themselves as good as other luxury spots, well then, this review is based at correcting that.

Though the apartments are neat and spacious with powerful air conditioning and decks looking out onto the bush there is not even enough dishware, let alone cooking utensils to fry an egg. For this reason we 'experienced' the breakfast buffet which was crawling with fruit flies. I can assure viewers that it was, in fact, crawling with fruit flies, as there was a portion of the dining room that was completely empty except for the black dots jumping about. When we asked the staff what was going on, they shrugged and asked us if we'd like to sit outside.
As well, we had had dinner the night before at the upscale restaurant and all 4 of us had agreed that the prices were much too high for the average food and we even left hungry given the small portion size.
If you are going with golfing buddies, perhaps your can look past this and truly enjoy the place, but if you are looking for a 5 star experience, or like to eat well and you base your weekend away on your meals (like me) than you have much better options in the valley elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank kschmitty0
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The resort was the most overrated place I have ever stayed in. I would give it no more than 2 stars. We went for a relaxing long weekend to hopefully swim in the heated pool go for walks and if motivated go to the gym in the morning. Not a good idea as the pool was empty (not mentioned on wotif or the hotel website) the gym was tiny with hardly any equipment. At least the walks were good. When I spoke to reception as to why this was not mentioned on their website they said it must have been an oversite and basically they would attend to it straight away. I check the website the next day and it was still not mentioned.
On our first night we ate in the restaurant and were told we had a special seat by the window. We thought OK this is good but when we sat down we saw that the view we had was of the floodlit garden area that was being excavated with rubble everywhere and wheelbarrows. Why not just turn off the lights so we couldn't see it. The next thing we get given by the waitress was our menu and the wine list .On opening then we find that the 9 wines that were on their hot deals section had black lines drawn through all but three of the wines not to mention more black line crossing out other wines that they had apparently run out of ( I thought we were in wine country?)
Why they couldn't reprint the wine list so at least it looked a bit more professional is beyond me. The food was fine but the service was similiar to that of a cafeteria with the waitresses looking scruffy with shirts not ironed and hair untidy. REMEMBER this is suppost to be a top of the range resort.
The beds were uncomfortable and the place was not cleaned properly . I had to clean the bathroom myself and the place was never vacuumed. There was rubbish on the wooden floor which I put in the middle of the floor every day near the door but the cleaners never seemed to notice it . They must had trouble with their eyes.
For the price of the three day accomodation I would have expected something far better than what we got. WIll never to back there again even if it was for free.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple