1,381 results
All reviewsgolf courseplaying golfthe golden door spabedroom apartmentcourtesy busbeautiful resortbuffet breakfastgirls weekendfull kitchentennis courtsanother couplerecommend this resortlong weekendself containedgreat weekendmid weekwine country
Reviewed 7 January 2011

A horrid hotel.

It took FOUR trips between villa and reception to get a working set of keys only to get in and find the place was filthy having not been cleaned from the previous guests...quite what the surgical gloves lying on the floor were used for I don't want to know, but stinking juice bottles, festering towels strewn over the floor....and the receptionists response "it says its been cleaned in our computer".

Not wanting to spend more time in the room we went to find some food only to have to be stuck inside a fly infested bar whilst the beautiful outside area was handed over to a pack of smokers....when you see a fat man on crutches hand a cigarette to a child so he can take a swig of his beer you know you are somewhere special....and that scene sums up everything that is wrong with cypress lakes....filthy, disgusting, run down, and trashy.

Finally returning to our now cleaned rooms, attempts to have a shower (either VERY hot or VERY cold which at least matched the air conditioning) were then thwarted when I noticed NO TOWELS. Receptionist apologized for the towel truck breaking down....which suggests this place doesn't even wash it's own linen (a note on outsourcing - it doesn't work).

All in all a torrid time that has left me in the position of not really wanting to return to the hunter region at all....which is fine as in a few years it will be an open cast coal mine which probably will be an improvement...certainly it's hard to see how cypress lakes could get worse.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheClairvoyant
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This resort is obviously purposely being allowed to run down. The asset is in a terrible state of repairs. There is very little by way od maintenance being attended to. For example, the pool fences were falling down, there was little pool furniture, the pool
Side telephone was disconneted and the CPR sign was covered in a hornets nest. There seer no staff in the pool area and access to staff was by means on a walk of a couple of minutes. If there was a need for emergency assistance, well I have my doubts. Our villa wax not serviced and one day when the ladies came to service they came after 5.30 without equipment. To my mind they expected at that hour any guests would defuse a service.

There were no towels by the pool and when I raised this with reception I was sternly told that they are in the villas. I did responde that that message had not made its way to housekeeping.

The breakfast was also a disaster, the furniture is in such bad repair that it is dangerous. There is also the less than enjoyable accompaniment of construction at breakfast that made it worse. Each morning we needed to ask for settings and often the crockery was poorly washed. Things like milk and coffee were not replenished regularly and there were so few staff that they could not keep up.

The staff rather than being polite were rude saying that ther e was a problem with getting staff on the long weekend and that everyone will just have to manage as best they can.

Not good enough!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucymama
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I stayed here with 6 girlfriends (7 of us in total) we had a three bedroomed house. They fitted it with 6 single beds as requested plus a put up bed. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The resort was lovely, clean, incredibly well fitted out, good food, which was a bit pricey but we didn't mind paying as it was a special weekend away. We hired bikes for the day and they dropped them off at our door and we left them for pick up at reception. We went to a concert and there was a shuttle bus to and from the event which was amazingly well organised. All in all I can highly recommend this resort. A truly memorable weekend :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I recently spent one night at this resort with a group of male golfing friends. We were accommodated in two bedroom villas with each bedroom having its own bathroom. All members of our group were delighted with the villas which were spacious (living room, dining area and kitchen in addition to the bedrooms), clean and well equipped. Our very reasonable tariff, which included two rounds of golf, included breakfast which was excellent, featuring a wide range of hot and cold selections. The golf course was in very good condition and features a wide variety of challenging holes. The staff throughout the resort were unfailingly attentive and courteous.
All in all based on our experience I would recommend the resort without hesitation. I can only conclude that the authors of some of the less flattering comments re this resort on Trip Advisor must be narks or hard to please.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I went to this resort five years ago and remembered it as a very well appointed, clean and upmarket place to stay. So on my trip back to the Hunter, thought it would be a good place to stay with the family. It still has large villas which were great with a young family, but the furniture and kitchens are looking a bit tired and in need of an upgrade, especially of this place thinks it is 5-star. It is probably a three and a half star resort at present, and instead of $350 a night, it should be more like $250 including buffet breakfast.

The TV is a small, old CRT, not something you'd see in a five star resort, and the kitchen equipment is getting old and rickety. There is also an under supply of cutlery and simple things like no dish washing liquid. We ended up having to call reception for a number of things - simple things - which should be fixed by house keeping before guests arrive.

The heated pool was excellent and staff friendly, but we found the bistro a bit of a rip off - priced like a high quality restaurant, but with only above average food (instead of terrific as it should be for that price) in extremely small quantities. Just totally underwhelming. The buffet breakfast was good, which was a relief.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family