The former convent was relocated to the site in the 1990s and is probably due for a refurb, particularly the bathrooms. Some lovely interior features and if you purchased the breakfast and evening canapé package, they were great. It was a good way, particularly in the evening, to meet people and find out about the different wineries and restaurants which abound in the Hunter Valley. We only paid for a "delux suite" and it was very small, too much furniture and nowhere to put suitcases. I had to relocate the ironing board to fit one suitcase in the cupboard. The verandah outside our room was shared by 3 other rooms and this was a bit disconcerting. Our view from the verandah was over the septic tank which is a shame as this could have been easily concealed with planting. The nearest restaurant "Roberts" is probably the most expensive in the Hunter Valley, but take your chances although we found it dreadfully inconsistent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the famous Wine Country and enjoy luxury boutique hotel accommodation at The Convent Hunter Valley. Just 2.5 hours drive from Sydney CBD, The Convent is nestled within one of Australia's premiere wine regions - Polkobin. Our unique location offers expansive acreage views of the glamorous boutique hotel - The Convent, Pepper Tree Winery and Circa 1876. All venues are located on the estate and surrounded by rich, produce filled kitchen gardens, creating a tranquil culinary treat pleasing to lovers of both food and wine. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a weekend with the girls or your mates, or a fun-filled family holiday, our intimate and boutique Hunter Valley hotel offers something for everyone. Unwind and enjoy renowned local wines at Pepper Tree Winery and share the passion for organic produce and farm to fork dining at our hatted restaurant at Circa 1876. Explore the Hunter Valleys with the whole family and sample the region's many attractions. With an onsite function room, a spectacular backdrop and a relaxing atmosphere, The Convent is the ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Convent Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- The Convent Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia