A lovely old building and grounds; the staff are very friendly and helpful; the buffet breakfast is quite good; and a short walk to Roberts Restaurant. However lots of seemingly small things prevent a better rating:
Superior rooms looking a bit tired and dated;
A light not working in the bathroom and not fixed during our stay;
No desk in the room;
Wifi not really workable in the room (staff told us to go to the foyer);
The quite small TV is located adjacent to a wall parallel to one side of the bed, making it difficult to watch from either the bed or the lounge at the other end of the room;
The pool has no umbrellas or shade which makes is very unpleasant in summer;
Pool towels not replaced when the room was serviced;
While canapes etc are apparently offered from 4-6PM I sat at an outside table for 40 minutes from 4.30PM and was not offered anything while the only other occupied table was served.
So overall just not the quality we expected from the description.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the famous Wine Country and enjoy luxury boutique hotel accommodation at The Convent Hunter Valley. Just 2.5 hours drive from Sydney CBD, The Convent is nestled within one of Australia’s premiere wine regions - Polkobin. Our unique location offers expansive acreage views of the glamorous boutique hotel - The Convent, Pepper Tree Winery and Circa 1876. All venues are located on the estate and surrounded by rich, produce filled kitchen gardens, creating a tranquil culinary treat pleasing to lovers of both food and wine. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway, a weekend with the girls or your mates, or a fun-filled family holiday, our intimate and boutique Hunter Valley hotel offers something for everyone. Unwind and enjoy renowned local wines at Pepper Tree Winery and share the passion for organic produce and farm to fork dining at our hatted restaurant at Circa 1876. Explore the Hunter Valleys with the whole family and sample the region’s many attractions. With an onsite function room, a spectacular backdrop and a relaxing atmosphere, The Convent is the ideal venue for weddings, corporate events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Convent Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Convent, Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Peppers Convent Hunter Valley Pokolbin
- The Convent Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia