We were married at the Sebel on the Easter long weekend and between friends and family managed to fill around half of the rooms in the whole resort.
Our suite was large with a great loungeroom, king size bed and roomy bathroom with a spa bath. Other rooms were smaller but all with flatscreen TVs and most with balconies overlooking the valley.
Location is right amongst everything, next to the Golden Grape and with many wineries, spas and golf courses only a short drive away. The grounds are perfect for amazing wedding photos and April Werz is a great photgrapher in the area and knows how to make the most of the Hunter.
Previous post have commented on the age of the Hotel and criticised the upkeep, however everything worked perfectly for us and was well maintained. I guess it depends on what you’re after… this hotel is clearly more heritage than it is modern – but that’s the character and what makes it warm and fitting with the Hunter Valley.
The breakfast was plentiful and the staff throughout the hotel generally couldn’t do enough to help you – they were all great.
The gym was small but sufficient if you just want to do a quick jog but if you’re an exercise nut it won’t be what you’re after. The pool was great albeit a little on the cooler side coming into winter.
As far as value goes, it seems the prices increase substantially close to the date of arrival so booking in advance can really help you snap up a bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views, Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley is the ultimate place for you to escape, unwind and indulge. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style and sophistication. It’s a place where you can leave the day-to-day behind, relaxing in luxurious accommodation, tasting exquisite food, and embracing the beautiful surrounds. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air on picturesque walking trails, and make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. With a range of versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus, your event will be a memorable experience. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens – the largest display garden in the southern hemisphere. Or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, challenge yourself on a championship golf course or take a dream ride in a hot air balloon. Whether it’s a romantic weekend, time away with the family, a conference or wedding, or simply an indulgent escape, Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin, Australia