“convenient wedding location”

Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Pokolbin
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed here last weekend for a wedding. Generally the Hunter is an expensive place to stay on weekends & this was on par with most of the places we have visited
we had a heritage room, which had a queen size bed, and seperate sofa bed.
the hotel is well located for visiting vineyards. the room was clean & had plenty of room for us to set up a portacot for the baby.

the outdoor wedding was spectacular!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank theyipster

Reviewed 15 August 2011

I would just like to praise the staff, I was really happy with their service. Very friendly and helpful. The staff made us feel very welcome and comfortable.

We attended a wedding and I had a lovely time, wonderful location. I lost a very special ring sometime during the day and was just devestated when I realised. I retraced my steps back to the last time I remembered having it but couldnt find it. I went to reception to ask if by a mircale, it was with them...AND IT WAS!! I was so happy and impressed. It might have been a honest staff member or another guest who found it, but im grateful either way. Thankyou so much!

The accom was great, we stayed in a king room with a shared balcony over looking the property. Wooden floor boards and charming country styling through out. As a city gal it was nice to have a weekend getaway at the vineyards for a wedding. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The bathroom was clean with country styled. The bed was really comfortable, I had the best nights sleep ive had in a long time!

The breakfast was also lovely, and it was nice to see the staff who catered the wedding the previous night were back and remembered us the next morning at breakfast, was nice :)

If I had to pick some faults...the pond at the area the wedding ceremony was held really stank. BAD. I would have thought the upkeep of such an area would be high on the priority list. The breakfast was also a little pricey at $30pp, but quite nice.

I enjoyed my stay and I enjoyed the wedding held there. It was nice, quiet and private.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CheekyChops_xoxo
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Booked last minute and nailed it. This resort is classic Hunter style with beautiful panaromic views over the country from very generous sized rooms. We have 2 young kids who loved the indoor pool/spa and the room was big enough for us all. Staff were excellent good not do enough to help us and that is tough sometimes with the kids in tow. Back for sure winter is the best time for a lazy weekend. Loved it!! Breakie was amazign in the sun soaked Gazebo food rated well.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank oarsomedude
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Have stayed at the Sebel twice, both times we were more than happy with the service, the rooms & restaurant . Received a double upgrade 1 time, staff more than happy to accomodate this if hotel not full. Only problem we had (& this is NOT the fault of the hotel) was with the swimming pool, as it is an inside pool & some parents don't care about inconveniencing other guests,when children are allowed to be excessively noisy (screaming & hitting water with large inflated swim rings/floats) the noise echos & is very unpleasant. We had to leave the pool area which was a shame because it was a very hot day.

Room Tip: A polite request goes a long way!
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank buffie46
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Had a wonderful stay rooms are in keeping with hotel style
Food well priced and buitifully presented
The staff were very helpful and always smiling
All in all a lovely hotel

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Travelers0095
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We just spent our first weekend away to the Hunter Valley and friends suggested that Kirkton Park was a nice place to stay. Firstly we both loved the Hunter Valley and Kirkton Park has some wonderfull views of the country side. We stay in a Heritage room which was $209, the room was normal size, neat and tidy but getting dated at the edges, the King bed was saggy and uncomfortable (the first night in ages I've woke up with a sore back). The room opens up to a balcony that wraps around the building and the view is excellent, there is one big problem. on the balconcy is a compressor unit that services many rooms air conditioners. Being a cold night the room next door had the A/C on all night and the outside unit made plenty of noise, I must had been woken up about 6 times. The restaurant is way over priced and so is the breakfast (which while OK is nothing special). The gardens are bueatifull and the pool and gym are good facilities. We had a nice stroll around the gardens to walk of the breakfast. Lastly the check-n , check-out staff either tried too hard or in the later case where just smug and unpleasant. I would stay again as the location is excellent, although I will check the room for a decent bed and make sure I'm away from the AC noise.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Riccardo040
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the sebel for a weekend wedding. Following some mixed reviews I was a little afraid of what I might find at this hotel in terms of room quality. But, having stayed in a heritage room, I can report that the room was very nice, it was clean, comfortable, had a good flat screen tv with plenty of free to air and a small selection of foxtel channels. The bed itself was one of the best I have slept in in any hotel. I have found many hotels tend to have soft or saggy beds, but this one was very firm and for once I woke up refreshed as opposed with a sore back. The hotel grounds are kept in very good condition and the open fire lounge was a pleasure to return to after the wedding reception wrapped up. We were very well looked after from start to finish at the wedding reception at the same venue.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monterey_Traveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pokolbin
Spicers Vineyards Estate
The Convent Hunter Valley
The Convent Hunter Valley
#11 of 15 in Pokolbin
Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley

Been to Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley? Share your experiences!